View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

How dumb can you get?

LoadofGrace is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.LoadofGrace is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written. - 03-14-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Follower View Post
Thank you for your interesting observations, but that sentence has three parts:
1. So God created man in his own image,
2. in the image of God created he him;
3. male and female created he them.

In the first two parts of the sentence God clearly tells us He created man in His image. However in the third part where he shows the similarities between men and women He only says he created them both, with no more reference to creating in His image.

Obviously this means that while we men are like God, women aren't, they're merely something created by Him, just like plants and animals.
Your interpretation is one possible interpretation, but obviously, in error, because he included male in the third clause. If the third clause had been "and female he created he him." then what you say would assuredly be correct. In respect to "image" he was showing equality of the sexes. God's ways are ever mysterious.

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.