View Single Post
(#2)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus Ex-eurotrash Eats the Most Pork

Ex-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: When did Europeans decide they all wanted Muslim immigration? - 11-30-2013, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond View Post
You see, I've been trying to read about the Great European Immigration Debate, where Europeans had a respectful debate, with all viewpoints welcome, and they came to a never-again challenged consensus that Muslims are their favorite people in the world and best possible immigrants.
I can only talk for Godless Germany: Nobody decided that Muslims would be the best possible immigrants. The economy just needed manpower in the 1950/60th so they started to recruit men from poorer states - Italy, Spain, Greek, but also from Turkey and northern Africa. At first it was intended that the foreign workers should return to their countries after some years but a lot of them stayed here and had their families follow them. They were the first muslim immigrants. They were not expected to stay, but this happened over time. When unemployment raised later on, it was too late to send them home.

At a later date (80th until now) a lot of Muslims immigrated as asylum seekers. Nobody really needed or wanted them, but they just came and many of them managed to stay.

Quote:
That's the logic behind immigration after all, that if you want higher wages, you glut the market with unskilled people who are desperate for any work at any wage.
Sure. Job creators want the wages to be as high as possible.

Quote:
I have to assume, because I've been looking all over and I just can't figure out the details of when and how this debate happened. I tried to find pictures of the crowds of demonstrators protesting the dire 1960's muslim-shortage. I couldn't.

I tried to find the slogans, the pictures of bumper stickers on those volkswagens: "There's no backlash where there's burkas" "I'd felofel without Muslims" "Sharia and sharia alike!" "Allah is gooden ja?"

These stickers did not exist. I don't think the religios aspect was so dominant in that time. It was not the time of political islam, this came later on, maybe when Khomeini took over power in Iran. I think Muslims were just regarded as backward people and cheap workers.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division - Luke 12:51