View Single Post
(#8)
Old
Unsaved trash

GAC4Life is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ghost Hunters: Paranormal Investigators Promote Witchcraft - 08-17-2010, 10:56 PM

New to the forum and 1st post

I don’t think the intent of the original poster was hypothesize on anyone's sexuality but to reiterate scripture. I don’t think anyone should be putting anyone to death for a television show on ghost hunting. Murder, rape etc. I'm all for it.

As a Christian and paranormal investigator this is my take on it religiously and scientifically...

When all reasonable explanations have been exhausted objectionably it becomes a unexplained phenomena. There are things in this world that just can’t be explained by medicine, science or religion as of yet. Some things we do know is this;

Psychological knowledge and phenomenon can be interpreted as paranormal. The body - vision, hearing, smell most importantly - the brain is a complicated and still vaguely understood. There are over 10 billion neurons (brain cells) and each is connected to thousands of other neurons. These connections change all the time as neurons connect and disconnect from each other. There are over a hundred identified neurotransmitters, of which we usually hear about a handful like dopamine and serotonin. The range of subjective experiences and activities the brain can experience and produce are simply not known in full. People with mental illness, epilepsy, dementia, psychosis, histeria and seizure used to be punished or put to death but now we know better.

Similarly, it's been found that people with a history of seizures and epilepsy have had a paranormal experience of some kind. It's thought that the unconscious mind is somehow affecting the environment around them. This phenomenon usually is short lived and centered on people in their teens until late 20's.
The environment itself could be a complaint or reason for some phenomena. High levels of electro magnetic fields (EMF) are generated from everything like common house hold appliances to faulty wiring can have severe effects on people including hallucinations, skin irritation, sleeplessness, etc. Wherever there is a current flowing in a wire there will be some degree of EMF. The use of an EMF meter will quickly locate one of these fields to diagnose faulty device. When their isn’t any power source in a home and there is a presence of EMF then a possible explanation is paranormal or that it can’t be explained.

Not every type phenomena is demonic in nature. I wish it was a simple as that because it would make investigating easier meaning less people would partake. When a good Christian family has a type of phenomena happening in their house and they have exhausted all avenues (including local clergy) they turn to paranormal investigators. We come into the home to rule out all of the items described above. When that fails we turn to ordained clergy for advice or intervention. The "intent" is good in order to help families through something not many understand or want to deal with. It's dismissive and easy to walk away from a problem.

I don’t think it's a sin to use any of the instruments described ie EMF meters, voice recorders etc. It's a way of proving or disproving evidence and eliminating some doubt. Everyone that investigates the paranormal is in an occult or performs witchcraft by using these devices. Ouija Boards are not used by many investigators.

Most people use standard voice recorders to validate a spirits presence. These electronic voice phenomena (EVP) are voices from an unknown origin and do happen. People have captured EVP's intentionally and unintentionally since recording devices were invented. Intentionally recording an EVP or Spirit communication/divination/psychic consultation is clearly against the Bible's teaching:

'Do not turn to [Lev 20:6, 27; Deut 18:11; 1 Sam 28:3; Is 8:19] mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.
'As for the person who turns to [Lev 19:31] mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Now [1 Sam 25:1] Samuel was dead, and all Israel had lamented him and buried him [1 Sam 7:17] in Ramah, his own city And Saul had removed from the land those who [Lev 19:31; 20:27; Deut 18:10; 1 Sam 15:23] were mediums and spiritists.

[Lev 18:21; 2 Kin 16:3; 17:17] He made his son pass through the fire, [Lev 19:26, 31; Deut 18:10-14] practiced witchcraft and used divination, and dealt with mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD provoking Him to anger.

Moreover, Josiah removed [Lev 19:31; 2 Kin 21:6] the mediums and the spiritists and the [Gen 31:19 mg] teraphim and [2 Kin 21:11, 21] the idols and all the abominations that were seen in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, [Deut 18:10-22] that he might confirm the words of the law which were written [2 Kin 22:8] in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.

"Then the spirit of the Egyptians will be demoralized within them;And I will confound their strategy,So that [1 Chr 10:13; Is 8:19; Dan 2:2] they will resort to idols and ghosts of the dead and to mediums and spiritists.

When they say to you, " [Lev 20:6; 2 Kin 21:6; 23:24; Is 19:3; 29:4; 47:12, 13] Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people [Is 30:2; 45:11] consult their God? Should they [1 Sam 28:8-11] consult the dead on behalf of the living?

So, as an investigator I have to live with that sin.