View Single Post
(#2020)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

GlenOfTranquility is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: God Hates Iceland! - 04-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Disciple View Post
And about the infallibility of the Bible: God wrote It, and He is omnipotent. I would think He is able to keep errors out of His Bible, wouldn't you?
As I said, I sort of expected this to be your answer. While I was standing in line to buy my lunch, I was thinking about how God apparently makes his will known through humans, hence the bible, which was written by people.

But people make mistakes, right? And then it hit me. The beginning of Genesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
In His own image. So if humans are flawed, and we were made in God's own image, then isn't God capable of mistakes? Doesn't he make errors? So isn't his faith in using humans to write the bible, which today, bares little resemblance to the original manuscripts, also open to mistakes?

I realize that this sort of thinking is probably what you would deem heretical, irreligious and quite possibly offensive.

But if God exists, and He made me in His image, then He intended me to be this way. With purpose, He made my mind work in a way that questions everything and takes nothing at face value.