View Single Post
(#7)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Gold Tither Real American™ Christian Love Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian One Year/1000 posts Tell her once

Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Spiritual Warfare: The Whole Armor of God - 09-01-2009, 11:19 PM

Why the King James Bible? Why the AV1611? Texts, Tranlators, Technique, and Theology!

Four main reasons:

1.Superior Original language Texts: In both the Old Testament and New Testament, the original language texts used by the translators were far superior to what we even have today. Were they the “original manuscripts?” Don’t be silly! They were copies of copies, but God preserved them specifically for this Bible in this time.

2.Superior translators: These men were not only learned, they were Godly! I quote from Dr. D.A. Waite (oh, how that man could alliterate!):
Quote:
The accomplishments of Lancelot Andrews. Let's mention Dr. Lancelot Andrews. He was certainly a superior KJV translator. He had mastered fifteen languages. Someone said that if Dr. Andrews had been present at the confusion of tongues at the tower of Babel, he could have served as interpreter general. I don't know any of the modern "translator/paraphrasers" who have mastered fifteen languages, do you? Send me their names, if you have proof of this.

The acumen of William Bedwell. How about Dr. William Bedwell? He was famed in Arabic learning. I don't know how many of these new men who are "translating/paraphrasing" for these modern versions and perversions who have studied as much of the Arabic language as he had. In fact, he published in quarto, an edition of the Epistles of St. John in Arabic with a Latin version. I don't know how many men today could do that. Dr. Bedwell left many Arabic manuscripts in the University of Cambridge, with numerous notes and a font of types for printing them. In fact, he wrote an Arabic lexicon, or dictionary, in three volumes. He also began a Persian dictionary which is among Archbishop Laud's manuscripts, still preserved in the Bodleian Library at Oxford today. I don't think anyone among our modern "translators/paraphrasers" of today has done this or could do this! Do you know any of these men who have written an Arabic dictionary and begun a Persian dictionary, or done anything similar in the scholarly world that will even come close to the accomplishments of William Bedwell? If so, send me their names and the proof. In our day, many people watch too much television. They attend too many football games, baseball games. and basketball games. We are ignoramuses today compared to the scholars who gave us our KJV!

The acceptability of Miles Smith. Look at the acceptability of Dr. Miles Smith. He was an expert in Hebrew, in Chaldee, in Syriac, and in Arabic. They were almost as familiar to him as his native tongue. Dr. Smith went through both the Greek and Latin church Fathers, making annotations on them all.

The activities of Henry Savile. Sir Henry Saville was proficient in both Greek and mathematics. He became tutor in these two subjects to Queen Elizabeth. I don't know how many queens or kings our modern "translators/paraphrasers" have tutored, do you? Saville translated the histories of Cornelius Tacitus and published the same with notes. He published, from the manuscripts, the writings of Bradwardin against Pelagius, the Writers of English History Subsequent to Bede, and Prelections on the Elements of Euclid. He was the first to edit the complete works of Chrysostom, the most famous of the Greek Fathers. He was a profound, and exact scholar.

The academics of John Bois. John Bois was expert in Hebrew as well as Greek. He studied at his father's knee. In fact, at the age of five, he had read the whole Bible IN HEBREW!! At the age of six, John Bois was able to write Hebrew in a clear and elegant style. If you know anything about the Hebrew letters, it's difficult to write in an elegant style, or in any style, for that matter. Much more could be said about John Bois.
3.Superior Technique: The translators were guided by God to use verbal and formal equivalence, not “dynamic.” In other words, they were moved by God to translate each word instead of trying to make sense of the phrase, thereby letting error creep in.

4.Superior Theology: This is a study in and of itself, but suffice to say that modern translations drop a great deal of theology, or change it.

Say what you will, the Authorized King James Bible of 1611 is all the Truth you will ever need. It’s your belt on which to hang every weapon. It’s what will make or break you! Learn your AV1611! Memorize great long passages of it! Bind it around yourself as you prepare for Spiritual warfare!

There's a great deal more to be said about why the King James Bible of 1611 is the only true Bible and the literal Word of God, but that's best saved for another series of sermons.

Next: The Breastplate of Righteousness

In Christ,
Warren