View Single Post
(#11)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

cigary is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: My Dinner with televangelist Jan Crouch - 09-07-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
Tonight, I had dinner with the lovely and beautiful Jan Crouch. Paul was supposed to have joined us but unfortunately he came down with a stomach ailment this morning. We ate at the famous Beverly Hills restaurant Spago and were seated just two booths away from Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson. Don't get me wrong, I like Tom's movies (Saving Private Ryan was spectacular, and the Da Vinci Code exposes the dark secrets of the Catholic Church), but I was just dying to chew his wife out for not taking his last name.

Paul (the apostle, not Rev. Crouch) tells us that the man is the head of the woman. Clearly the Hankses are not living according to Biblical standards so don't be shocked when you see them splitting up on next week's People magazine cover.

Anyways, Jan and I had a wonderful conversation covering everything from the Book of John to waterskiing to the rise of Islam in Europe to hot vacation spots to effective methods of converting atheists to fundraising ideas to favorite places to shop on Rodeo Drive. She is such a witty and intelligent woman. Many people think she is a "bimbo" because of how she acts on TV and the fact that she's just absolutely gorgeous, but that woman has a mind deep down.

After tipping the waiter a hundred dollar bill we got into my Mercedes SL65 and cruised up and down Hollywood. We saw many unsaved freaks. Hookers. Drug addicts. Transvestites. Punks. Queers. We wondered just how bad this world has become and it just reaffirmed our life's mission of going on TV and winning souls for Christ.

We then drove to a upscale bar and relaxed and talked for a couple hours. The conversation got a little personal at this point and I'm not at liberty to divulge what we talked about of respect for her and myself. Before we knew it the bar was closing and I drove her back to her house. Paul was asleep. I really hope he doesn't get angry for returning her so late, but he's a gentle, forgiving man and a fantastic example of a Christian, so I don't think there will be any problem.

Here's a picture of us.
What piety! Just reading this makes me want to wretch when I think of those who think of themselves as better than they really are. How vain to think of yourself driving in your Mercedes going to upscale bars...tipping with C notes...you have no idea the harm you do just by pretending to be Gods chosen. You undo in one evening what it takes true evangelists years to set examples. Enjoy your riches in this life because eternity is just around the corner where you will be judged for the things done in this life. Hypocrisy is truly an ugly thing to behold....I don't have a C note to tip you Mr. Osborne but I do have a warning...start investing in some asbestos underwear cuz you're going to need it where you're going.