View Single Post
(#9)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What Does God Say About Polygamy? - 07-18-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland "Reb" Griner View Post
Oh, almost forgot this;

I have noted repeatedly, that while modern era Mormons are mindful of the current LDS prohibition against polygamy, with their peculiar fascination with genealogy, most of them are aware of their direct ancestors practice of this and they cite proudly their descent from many 'big name' Mormons of the nineteenth century.

You can't help but think that if the Mormon politburo reversed itself, the practice would flourish yet again, and sadly, with all the non-Biblical befuddlements of that evil fool, Joseph Smith.
Just wanted to correct you on this, the Mormons have never done away with polygamy. They only say that you must follow the laws of the land. Therefore a Mormon who lives in Dubai (example) can have 4 wives and be fine with their church. They also believe in serial polygamy. When a couple divorces the man is allowed to remarry but the woman is not. Each woman he remarries will be his wife on his new planet after their dead. My B-I-L will have 3 wives + whatever God gives to him.

Another thing that they will do is if you're an older woman who has never married, you can be sealed to a married man. This means that you will not be allowed to marry here on earth but will become this mans wife in the "Celestial Kingdom". I'm really not sure what happens to unsealed women if they die as it doesn't seem to be mentioned in their books. I asked my sister once while I was still single and all she said is that "I'm sure heavenly father has a plan". :shrug:

As for the original posting about polygamy. My father used to joke that God's punishment for polygamy was multiple mother in laws. Jokes aside though, I think it would take a very strong Christian man in order to handle multiple wives. Face it, we're catty and who knows what messes you'd be coming home to every day. There is also a strange phenomena regarding our "time". Women who live in close proximity tend to start cycling together (if you know what I mean) do you really want to deal with that? I have no idea why God would punish you men with such a trick, you would think that not being on the same schedule would work out better for everyone involved.

Drama queen