View Single Post
(#65)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Pastafarian is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap - 01-16-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimaaz Smith View Post
What kind of man would let another man rape him? Women are weak and can't defend themselves, but that's not true for men. Anyway, if God didn't want us to kill every man who slept with another man, regardless of circumstances, he would have said so.

First, let me state unequivocally that incest is wrong: None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness. Leviticus 18:6 Nevertheless, if it happens, we need to make the best of a bad situation:

If it's not the father, then the family member would marry the girl and pay the father 50 silver shekels. If it's the father, I'm not so sure, I'd have to ask one of the Deacons. I think that, by analogy to Leviticus 20:14, the father and the daughter shall be burnt with fire, along with the girl's mother:

And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. Leviticus 20:14

You don't sound stupid at all. And you don't ever need to apologize for wanting to understand the Bible.

I would do whatever God asked me to do. So, yes. How can these things be wrong if they are God's will? That's just illogical.

As for whether they are outdated, are you saying that it was OK to stone a homer 3,000 years ago but it isn't OK to do it today?

It is true, you don't see us all throwing stones. We would have to be real idiots to throw stones while you were watching.
Of course i dont think it was right; but it was more widely believed to be right. Nowadays people dont stone others to death <.<

Touched by his noodly appendage