View Single Post
(#37)
Old
Unsaved Trash

2 Timothy 3:16 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: QUIZ: "Am I going to HEAVEN or HELL?" Most accurate test ever - 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Wow. Rev. Jim Osborne, I MUST say that it is a pleasure to meet you (albeit online on a message board). You are the very first honest-to-goodness, unashamed, world-class Health and Wealth preacher that I have ever had the privilege of meeting. I’ve always wanted the opportunity, but have never had one until now. I have SO MANY questions, but will do my best to constrain myself to the issue at hand: Salvation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
For clarification for our more dim readers: Yes, you need to score 100 in order to get to Heaven. The reason being is that this test is completely based on the Bible and what God commands of us. Remember the quote I put earlier:
I must confess that I am one of your more “dim readers.” I hope you’ll show longsuffering and patience toward me as I do have some questions. After all, it is written in 2 Peter 3:9, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Quote:
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Quote:

Not everyone is going to Heaven. In fact, the vast majority of people (pretty much everyone outside of Landover Baptist) will be sent to Hell while a select few (us) will enjoy the Kingdom of God.
I agree with you 100% on EVERYTHING outside of the parenthesis. Verse 14 says, “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Much later on the same subject, but in a different context, Jesus even says, “For many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matt 22:14). Praise Him that He even chose those few! Amen?

Quote:
And why do we have to score 100? Why can't we get in at 99? Well, for one thing the Bible tells us we must follow all of it, not just bits and pieces! It's an all or none deal for God. There are no room for slippery slopes. If you could get in at 99, why couldn't you get in at 98? If you can get in at 98, why not 97? You can see where that leads. That is why God makes it abundantly clear that you need to follow all of the Bible.
Quote:

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Quote:

Matthew 4:4 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Yes sir, I do see where that slope leads. It is a never-ending slide into finding out just how moral that I have to be to get into Heaven or put another way, how immoral I can be and still get in. Can you imagine if God had told us that to spend eternal life with Him, all we had to do was score 51? Some of us would sure find a way to get the most “bang for our buck” out of that 49 that we could get away with! I know I sure would! James 2:10 is a wonderful verse to bring in to highlight the depravity of man and as you well know, there are lots of others that would apply too.

But RJO (can I call you that?), I do believe that you have missed what the KJV teaches about salvation in Jesus Christ. It teaches that salvation is by grace through faith, not works - Ephesians 2:8-9. Those verses absolutely preclude us from boasting that since we believe 50 things on a list then we are therefore saved (as many on this thread have done and are encouraged to do by even yourself via the poll). How about Acts 16:30-31 which says, “And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”? I see no mention of understanding or believing a list of 50 statements regardless of whether those statements are true or not. All the man (and his household) needs to do is "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ". Would you really add your list to the Biblical requirements of salvation? Romans 2:25 which speaks of Jesus says, “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”. No list here either. This list of yours, while containing some statements that are true, has nothing to do in and of itself with the reality of one’s salvation or lack thereof at least according to the KJV. It is a different gospel which, incidentally, Paul warns believers about in Galatians 1:6-8 ”I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”

What if something on your list is wrong? Think about that for a minute, just what if? Would that not possibly cause some of God’s people to be spiritually offended (or to stumble as they are following the teaching of one who claims to speak God’s truth)? Did Jesus say anything about that? Matthew 18:4-7 comes to mind: “Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!”.

I’m not going to wade through all 50, but number 8 is absolutely untrue according to the KJV. As Jesus said in Luke 12:24. “ye err, not knowing the Scriptures,” Leviticus 21:16-23 makes absolutely no mention of the church as it is in the context of the Jewish Temple which served an entirely different function than the church does. – see the middle of this post for more detail on this passage: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showpost.php?p=520912&postcount=7 So, what happens now? This means that there is something on your list that the Bible says is untrue, yet you, “God’s own Mouthpiece” have told me that it is true. Who should I believe? God or you? I know who I’ll choose. This is not the only error according to the KJV on your list that as you said is “100% accurate,” but like I said, I’ll not take the time here to go through them all.

Finally sir, a word of encouragement. You more than most must be very careful. If you teach the Word of God as the pastor of His people, then you will be judged by God more strictly than those who are not pastors and teachers. can you imagine how that will be amplified in your case because of your vast reach and influence? James 3:1 – “My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.” 1 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I pray that you will repent of this false doctrine. It truly is a pleasure to meet you.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for [SIZE=4][B]doctrine[/B][/SIZE], for [SIZE=4][B]reproof[/B][/SIZE], for [SIZE=4][B]correction[/B][/SIZE], for[SIZE=4][B] instruction in righteousness[/B][/SIZE]: