View Single Post
(#35)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

snottyduck is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Are there any black (African) Goths and what color do they we - 05-08-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrggreen View Post
WRONG AGAIN, DUCK! HEAVY METAL IS GOTH! So is black metal, punk, grunge, thrash, post-punk, neo-folk etc etc. Because Goths listen to all these musics - and more.

You know, you worthless goth freaks come onto these forums year in and year out, and tell us that goth is NOT the music! That it is a style and a state of mind and a way of dress and a way of living. As I said, you all 'claim' to all be into a diverse taste in music from post-punk to metal to industrial to rock music, and 'claim' that goth is NOT the music.

We have seen goths on these forums years before Virginia Tech happened, claiming they like 'guns and roses'. Same with Columbine. Apparently 'Manson' WAS goth BEFORE Columbine. So now he isn't??? Big surprise! You freaks will do anything to cover your own asses. First Goth is not the music, now it is??? We are NOT niave'.
LOL, So, did you ever go to any of the things you mentioned here?? I guess not, so who are you to know what's really going on??

First of all, Metalheads and Goths rarely go to each others gigs or parties, it happens but it's not a frequent thing. Second, if you don't know that Post-Punk is another name for Goth than you are certainly not very informed about Goth. Third, the other styles you mention have either nothing to do with Goth (like grunge and all) they attract a completely different kind of people that are not even remotely Goth.

I do not claim you cannot listen to all those others but if you want a pure definition of Goth then your definition is not correct. Just like you claim MM is Goth, he isn't, he is a shockrocker who obviously wants to shock people with his appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobar King View Post
Have you ever been to a MM show? Full of goths. What do goths wear? MM shirts.

End of argument.
I do not even have CD's or even have a shirt of MM. I went once to a concert and was happy when it was over, I was glad I had free tickets because otherwise I would have been a waste money. What I saw was very little real Goths, many posers, yes, but Goths, not many.