View Single Post
(#202)
Old
Unsaved trash

Fluffy bunny Cherry-picker

Integra-T is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Integra-T is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Integra-T is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Integra-T is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist. - 03-23-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
Right...

Let's do a simple idiot test.

What does God mean here?
Genesis 7:17-24
17And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. 18And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters. 19And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. 20Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. 21And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: 22All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. 23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. 24And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
I know this is not about rape but I'm starting real slow. Did God actually kill everyone and everything except for what was on the ark?

Because it definitely SAYS so. Pray tell us what God MEANS.
I think you have to put it in context. They didn't know about other continents back then so when the Middle East, Africa, and eastern Europe all flooded, they thought it was the whole world. I mean, they keep finding pieces of the Ark on Mount Ararat in Turkey, so we know Turkey flooded at least. But other that certain types of rocks that could have been made during other smaller floods, you can't really say for sure weather it flooded in north and south America.

But for the verse about marrying your rapist that was true back then and serious Jews should probably still do it (logically, since they don't accept Jesus) but we have a New Covenant now. Its one of the prophecies that were fulfilled by Jesus (see Jeremiah 31:31 for example).

Hebrews 8:13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Luke 22:20
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.