View Single Post
(#4)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

zorkotadej23 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Conspiracy EXPOSED: Harry Potter and the Church of Satan! - 07-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Ohhhhh Pleeeease Get A Life!!!!! First of all Satan and witchcraft? REALLY?
You, presumably a grown up, still believe in those fairytalles?
No comment!

I find it funny that these books are being considered so horrible and dangerous, but the bible is a million times worse with stories of torture, betrayal, lies, death, and, to be funny, zombies, but Christians are so happy to accept that... Taking their children to see the Passion of the Christ, sick!

I never understood the arguments against Harry Potter from people who tout CS Lewis as a perfect example for their beliefs. Devout Christian or not, people have to understand not only that this is a work of fiction, but that "witches" are analogues for conveying the author's ideas - in this case about social justice.

And since we have to look at THAT instead of the surface - you'll realize there is one theme through the series:
love, bravery and altruism will always defeat evil.
Harry potter is a real character in a book.
jesus and satan are real characters in a book.

If Harry Potter's so evil...then what does that make Voldemort???? Oh thats right you dont know who that is because you didnt read the books!
if you've read the books, harry has, yes, broken rules, BUT he HAS BEEN PUNISHED FOR THEM BY HIS TEACHERS! besides potion making? where would we find any ingredients? you tell me (screaming mandrakes, dragon blood etc.)! Spells? How are we going to do them? I'm sorry but you have judged before you have even tried... i thought you would at least attempt to read the books first, its just a fantasy like Cinderella or Snow White! but you probably don't care that someone just wants some modern literature!
You haven't read the books. Ergo, you have no idea what youre talking about. Argument from ignorance is ignorant.

You talk about how Harry cheats, lies and steals and you say children are learning to do the same things just because Harry does them. So you and every child in the world are perfect and no Christian lies apparently. Of course Harry lies, we ALL do. Harry has flaws and thats what makes his character so appealing. No person or child is perfect!

Read Leviticus, you will all be surprised by all of the homicide and that pedophiles get away with everything in Leviticus. I agree with you on one point Harry Potter is real, none of it's real. People need to grow up and finally realize that Harry Potter is not going to mind warp anybody.

If people would stop convoluting the story and taking things out of context, they would see that this series is in fact mirror what our society is today. The only difference is that in the story there is a happily ever after, whereas people like you and other illiterate idiots make it impossible for us to progress.

By the way isnt America supposed to be a place where people have freedom to be who they are, whether they be Gay, Black, Jewish, Muslim, democrat, or republican? how the hell are gay people destroying America? are they planning to bomb pearl harbor, or commit genocide? no, i didn't think so.

Yes, God only has GOOD intentions for us, which is why he tells us to stone anyone who doesn't follow him; and encourages war, genocide, murder, infanticide, etc. (CRUSADERS ANYONE) Seriously, God isn't that great a person. Read the bible!!

I can't beleave there are people in an mordern contry who still beleave in the bible and god, here is is an minoity, and moust of them are imigrants, Harry Potter is an great fantasy book, promoting love and friendship, not as the bible promoting obedience and fear.

I gotta say, I think you're wrong. HP is one of the best selling books about magic. Think about it, MAGIC! It's like the bible...but it actually has some moral fiber!

Lol, Americans READ? No, wait, sorry. CHRISTIAN FUNDEMENTALIST Americans READ?! Lol! That would be free thinking, and that's a big no-no.