View Single Post
(#18)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Catholic Perversion Throughout History - 10-16-2006, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Scripture-Alone Faith is incomplete. Jesus and the Apostles passed down many traditions. A priest doesn't replace our Father in Heaven by any means. It is just a title of reverence. The popes succession can be traced back to Peter whom Jesus said He would build His Church upon. Read a bit about it, you might be surprised.
Exactly, it is a title of reverence.. A FORBIDDEN title of reverence.
ONLY ONE IS WORTHY OF THAT KIND OF REVERENCE, THE HEAVENLY FATHER.

And Jesus doesn't take kindly to putting traditions over the word of God as you do:

Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Matthew 15:2-6

Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips;
but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Matthew 15:7-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Scripture-Alone Faith is incomplete.
WHERE DOES THE BIBLE CLAIM SUCH A THING?
WHERE DOES JESUS SAY SUCH A THING?

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13

Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 10-16-2006 at 03:51 AM.