Thread: introduction
View Single Post
(#32)
Old
Repenting jooboy
Forum Member

Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Paula Deen Negro Support Group A for Effort Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.Morton Weinstein has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: introduction - 05-06-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlinde View Post
Based on its own experience, I disagree. God hears the prayers of us sinners , because we are all sinners. And he answered our prayers to him, and answers . Sometimes we can not hear the answer , because our sins have made us deaf to his word. Sometimes we want to or not listen to the answers God. Also, because we are too proud to and self-righteous.
I remember a day where I had to fight hard with a problem. I asked God for help , even though I had just committed a crime (assault ) . God showed me what I should do. First I went to the person that I had nearly beaten to death , and asked for his forgiveness . Then I went to the police and made a voluntary disclosure . I came to court , and was punished. God showed me why I have been so violent and so I went in prison to a pastor and a therapist. When I was released from prison , I dedicated my life to God and spreading the Gospel . That was long ago . And God always surprised me with his kindness, his patience and his love.
Ah, but there is a difference between the repentance prayer of a sinner and a prayer asking for Wall Street to have a good day. When men of heavy hearts come to the Lord, He will be there for them - but when a heart is filled with iniquity (Mormons, for instance), He is deaf to them. Wouldn't even work to use sign language. The Holy Books are clear that the only way to get the Lord to incline His ear is for the supplicant to be in repentance and of pure desire to please Him. I am not that schooled on New Testament scripture but I do know that David the Psalmist asked for mercy before expecting the Lord to hear him (Psalm 4:1). Psalm 80:4 implies that the Lord was not hearing a prayer because the hearts of the people were in the wrong place or not following His will.

Proverbs 15:8 mentions that the prayer of the UPRIGHT is pleasing to the Lord. 15:29 in the same book tells us that He is far from the wicked, but hears the prayer of the RIGHTEOUS.

So yes - if one comes to the Lord with sorrow and agrees to give his all, I have no doubt that the prayer is heard. If one is not walking in the pathway that is commanded, you might as well be talking to your Santa Claus.