View Single Post
(#12)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Red face Tips on How to be a Good Wife - 02-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Perhaps to get this on a more Holy track.

My main suggestion for wives to be is to test run your recipes. Although you may have been raised in a Godly manner, and may be able to cook in a way that pleases your father and brothers, remember that you must adjust your recipes in order to please your husband. Your Mother-in-law can be a life (and bruise) saver in this. Learn from her, spend time with her. She will teach you how to please her son.

Also I copied this from another website

1. Do a load of laundry every day. Not only that, but fold it and put it away too. This has two advantages: The obvious one being that your kids and husband always know where to find a clean pair of underpants. The second is that you will no longer be tripping over a huge stinky reminder of how far behind you are (otherwise known as a laundry pile).

2. Do all your chores in the morning. Better yet, plan to get them all done by 8,9, or 10 am. This means having the basics of your to-do list done, except maybe some laundry that may still be drying. That way, you have all afternoon to prepare dinner, play with the kids, work on some projects, pay some bills, whatever!

3. Clean up the kitchen immediately after dinner. It's tempting to let those dishes "soak" until we feel motivated enough to clean them... but just get them done, you'll be glad you did. And don't forget to shine your sink!

4. Have a place for everything. If you can't store it all, you have too much stuff. De-clutter and organize until your able to conveniently and attractively store it all.

5. Put stuff away when your done with it. After all, your trying to teach your kids to do this! The other day I was baking some cookies and vacuuming. When I finished vacuuming, the oven timer said the cookies only had 47 seconds left.... I debated leaving the vacuum out, but instead rushed to put it away. You know what? I returned to my cookies with 18 seconds to spare.... Why procrastinate little jobs that only take 29 seconds?

6. Use 'pockets' of time. These are the little bits of time you have while waiting for something else. For instance, every morning I make the bed while I wait for the computer to boot up.

7. Don't watch t.v. during the day. Your husband probably isn't watching doctor Phil while he's at work, so you don't need to be watching it while you fold the laundry. You may also need to be careful how much time you spend on the computer... it can be a real time waster

8. Keep a Home Management Binder. It's way easier to manage your home when you have all your to-do list, routines, meal plans, recipes and phone numbers in one place. I plan to post all about my own Home Management Binder sometime soon, but in the meantime there are all sorts of bloggers out there who've posted about their binders if you need some help getting one started.

Drama queen