View Single Post
(#302)
Old
Unsaved Trash, degenerate godmocker
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)

Spoogey is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Spoogey is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Spoogey is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Spoogey is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: ACCEPT JESUS AND GET A FREE PS3! - 11-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge Murphy View Post
Your quotes:

Matthew 15:4 - For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. Nothing in the offer says "curse your parents."

Ephesians 6:1 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Nothing in the offer says to disobey any instruction from your parents.

Ephesians 6:2 - Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) You can honor your parents while tithing to the church, which demonstrates a superior love for Christ, as Alex has pointed out.
So, we both agree the scriptures clearly state to honour your parents.

Please tell me, how you can hate your parents, yet still honour them? Do you even know what it consists of to honour your parents?

Quote:
There is no contradiction in the Bible. Just between the Bible and what you says is says (and you only read the parts you like) and between the Bible and your complete mischaracterization of the PS3 offer, which doesn't say any of the things you say it says.
Ahh yes, my mischaracterization. Indeed. I must have misinterpreted the part where the page encouraged children to hate their parents (why, exactly? What would that achieve?), and i also must have mischaraterized the whole part where the child is encouraged to break the law of the land by using a credit card without any due permission from the owner.

After all, if the child had permission, then the child would not need help from the pastors on how to use it. On top of this, the child would not need to explain to their parents where their new PS3 came from, if the parents had already given their permisison for the child to make their donation.

Its all rather convenient how you've left that out in your previous post.

Quote:
Here's a recipe pumpkin soup that I thought you would like:

Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured. Add 2 lbs peeled, deseeded and chopped pumpkin or squash to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden. Pour 4 cups of vegetable stock into the pan, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft. Pour the half-pint of double cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender. For an extra-velvety consistency you can now push the soup through a fine sieve into another pan. The soup can now be frozen for up to 2 months. While the soup is cooking, slice the crusts from 4 slices of wholemeal seed bread, then cut the bread into small croutons. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the bread until it starts to become crisp. Add a handful of pumpkin seeds to the pan, then cook for a few mins more until they are toasted. These can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container. Reheat the soup if needed, taste for seasoning, then serve scattered with croutons and seeds and drizzled with more olive oil, if you want.
Thanks, but i'm not a fan of pumpkins!