View Single Post
(#19)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

John Hamilton is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What is Heaven Really Like? - 12-05-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer G. White View Post
Mr. Hamilton,

You seem to be a sincere seeker for the Truth™ but there's an inherent problem.

You think.
Bad habit. I've tried NOT Thinking...but I have to Think about not Thinking in order to stop Thinking but I Think that means I never stopped Thinking; I Think, therefore "I am." as an old philosopher once said. (He was trying to imagine what it would be like to simply not exist at the time; gave him a headache lol. )

Quote:
Instead of thinking, we trust the Bible™.
But in order to read the Bible, don't you have to think the words in your head, and doesn't your lizard brain inevitably ponder those thoughts? You also need to be able to think in the first place in order to trust, don't you? What is thought without trust, or trust without thought?

Quote:
It was written (by proxies) by God, and it is only reasonable to trust Him (Titus 1:2). We do not need to think, we just follow God's Word and it tells us many things about heaven!
I trust Him...but I don't trust people; those proxies you mentioned were flesh and blood PEOPLE; prone to folly. There's an old saying that goes something like "Trust...but Verify." When I'm working with the VFD for example, I don't just "have faith" that there aren't any occupants inside just because one of their neighbors said they didn't think so. I'd VERIFY it by seeing if there are vehicles parked out front or in a garage, if there's any tracks, if there are lights on inside, even calling out into the windows; I don't just charge into the burning building on faith lol.

Quote:
  • Wolves, sheep, lions, leopards and children will be there (Isaiah 11:6).
  • Dogs won't be there (Revelation 22:15).
  • Jesus will feed us personally so we won't have to use our hands (Revelation 7:17).
  • God will be wiping tears off our faces (ibid.)
  • The best of the best of us will be busy 24/7 servicing and praising God - this is the ultimate reward for the most chaste and Godly (verse below!
Revelation 7:15
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
No dogs in Heaven? ...That must be using the word "dogs" in some kind of derogatory sense; like "That guy's such a DOG; he disgusts me!" or something lol. Interesting. Ah; it must be that, because if wolves are in Heaven then canines (dogs) would be as well because wolves are dogs lmao. XD

What if I don't want the Christ to spend His time spoon feeding me like a piffleing baby? What if, Heaven forbid, I want to actually use my hands to feed myself food that I hunted myself and grew in my own garden, from dishes which I molded myself? What if I have serious boundary issues, and would feel quesy and uncomfortable with being spoon fed, or having somebody close enough to me to wipe my tears? Why can't I wipe my own tears away? I get freaked out when people put their hands anywhere near my face; when people touch me, my skin crawls and I just want to leave as fast as I can.

In regards to "servicing" God, (that sounds dirty lol), I don't think He wants us to be slaves; I think He just wants what is best for us, and to love us as His own children. I think perhaps God's whole plan was for us to be happy and joyous, because that's what brings HIM happiness and joy; by doing what He our Father commands us to do, (I'm mostly just concerned with the 10 Commandments; I have little knowledge of all the hundreds of other little rules throughout the Old Testament), we ARE serving Him and his ultimate Plan, (for us to be happy), because the 10 Commandments are basically a guide to how to live a happy life, because when any of the commandments are broken, it always brings nothing but pain and sorrow, loneliness, torment, wrath, destruction, and and ultimate self-sabotage.

Quote:
Consider this: I did not have to think at all to gain as much knowledge about Heaven! I just accepted the Bible as it is.
...So...wait...does that mean you've been walking around all this time believing there's definitely going to be wolves in Heaven, but there couldn't possibly be any dogs there? XD

Quote:
If you have other notions of Heaven, that is perfectly legal but, please, provide us with some a bit more tangible evidence about your musings except your "thinking".
Not only is it legal, haha, but it was ENCOURAGED lol. XD The request/encouragement by the original poster at the end of his sermon was this: "I want to encourage you to post your visions of what Heaven will be like."

"Visions" imply personal thoughts and opinions; which don't actually require any tangible evidence at all; no more than is tangible evidence of God required for people to believe in Him.

My own personal opinion is merely based on my observations of numerous individuals who had Near Death Experiences and claimed to have seen God and Heaven and Jesus and all that jazz. Some of them seemed kinda cheesy.....but then there were some others who were really really convincing. The thing they all had in common was that it happened in the form of an extremely vivid and intense dream. Their bodies didn't actually travel to another place; it was all happening in their minds, (not to be confused with the brain; you may need to do some research on the mind/brain connection and what the difference is, I don't have time to explain it for you).

Quote:
You probably know that after the Fall (Genesis 3:6) mankind has been prone to all kinds of biases. Please, tell us why your subjective "thinking" should replace God's Word.
Whoever said that I was ever saying my subjective thinking should replace God's word?! Lol. XD I was just trying to contribute in an open and honest way; I'm sorry.

One last thing......What about my personal theory contradicts God's word about Heaven? In my own vision of what Heaven will be like, everything that John the Revelator witnessed is possible there....and so much more. It's simply the only way my human brain can even BEGIN to comprehend the notion of Heaven or Hell; the only way I can think of for any place to be as great as Heaven as described in the Bible is the same way that my brain can even begin to imagine a place as horrible as Hell: If it is all like a lucid dream; tailored for the individual. This doesn't mean that you won't also be able to find your family and friends there also. Truly ANYTHING is possible according to my personal Vision.....which again, I was encouraged to share. Kinda sorry that I did now.

--John