View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Tukasa is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Tukasa is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The 10 worstly mistaken fields of secular science! - 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM

ok first I would like to start by saying I am not athiest, I am agnostic (how ever that is spelt), I do not believe as I see no evidence that cannot be explained more logically that there is some sort of higher being or god.

secondly, I'm not here to ahve a go at christianity, i respect religion and those who practice it aslong as they do not force their beliefs onto other people, i follow this philosophy with all people.

third, guys, seriously, i like the idea of your authentication thing, with the missing word from some random part of the bible, but i got past it using google

now, down to business

before I start I want to put down some ground rules to how science works, science is not about proving things, its about creating an accurate way to explain a phenomenon, also known as a theory, theory's must make predictions that are testable and for a theory to be accepted, it must have evidence. the reason we keep testing theories is because we know that a single piece of evidence that doesnt correlate with the theory will prove it wrong and then a more accurate theory will be created in its place.

ok first, Atomic theory. the current theory has come from the ashes of all those before it, saying an atom was a small particle made of an electron i believe, to its current model of the nucleus made of protons and neutrons with electrons orbiting it, the amount of each determines its element, behaviours, mass (which we cant explain yet) and is the reason we have water (h_2 O), we can breath (the intake of O_2 which combines with Carbon to make C O_2 which is removed from our body). the reason we believe this at the moment is because we have evidence supporting it, in the forms of chemistry, atmoic physics, quantem mechanics etc, and they all exist because the theory's are strong and make sense, they produce quantative predictions, things we can count and such. whats your evidence that you use to sink 300 years worth of research? a book that was supposibly written a few thousand years ago

secondly, seriously, fly me a plane to one of the earths corners and push me off if you can prove that its flat, how would you explain the way the satelite that allows you to read this and dismiss it to work if it did not ORBIT the earth, then north pole and south pole, obviously if the earth was flat their strengths would be weaker at the edges and such, are they? noooope, whats your proof against it? a few quotes from a 5 thousand year old book, that against hundreds of peoples dedicated research over 600 years which has constantly been updated, i dont think so

genetics, its getting a bit late here so im gunna keep it quick, give up genetics, i dont give a shit (excuse my langauge), I'd love to see that because within 2 weeks you would have no mroe skin, your brain would have fried and you would be nothing, we can prove this (though personally i know jack all about genetics), your proof against it? a book, our proof for it? the amount of healing this research has done (and before you say its the work of god, think of the medical care that has been provided to sinners like myself? im still here and i have so many years ahead of me

linguistics, seriously is that science? i didnt know, well since im getting tired go translate this

to lazy to write mah japanese, another day

radiometric dating? i reckon its pretty sweet, and i spent a whole day at government institutions learning about this, before you slag radiometric dating mate, bloody learn about it! "hey mister atom, how old are ya", "im 50 million years old". thats not how it works, there are a tone of different ways to do it, but the general way to do it is to analyse (using a mass spectromitor) how many of an objects c-16 (i thinik its 16) attoms have decayed, then put that against the decay of known objects and we can date it, now c-16 only works for 50,000 years because of the carbon cycle (google it, bloody brilliant scientist explained it to me) but you can use other atoms decays (something starting with r comes to mind but i forgot it), best thing is it friggin works! ive seen it in action and it is pretty accurate, so radiometric dating has working evidence and examples to support it, your book has nothing but text

phycietry? not my field, but what you jsut said reminds me of another religionish thingo, im leavfing it at that

im getting exhausted here!

Gravity: we cant really explain gravity at the moment, is it a bend in space/time (imagine a hole in the ground, everything that falls in it is going to go down right? kinda imagine that in 3 dimensions, i know I cant) or maybe its gravitons? I think we have evidence for both theories at the moment, again, not my area but yea, more than a few quotes

heliocetristhingamaboby? go research galileo a bit mate,the amount of evidence we have towards this, this is something we have proof of, i wish we were the centre of the universe aswell, believe me, it would be sweet cause when the big crunch comes, we'll be the last ones here , but alas tis not true, theres this great picture about scale on the net somewhere, go search it up! (my arguemnents are detereorating with my strength, but bear with me here)

Germs? I loooooove your satan explination for this, it kicks ass, but have you guys very been sick? out of all the people on this forum, do you know someone who has had skin cancer? well thats less abvout germs, but a germ has been recoded to fight skin cancer, would ya believe it? all those sinners with skin cancer will be cured by satan himself wearing a different hat! evidence, the fact your alive and also the fact that we are all going to be killed by a multi-resistant organism in a few years time, proof against, satan making facfes under a microscope, real mature

now number one, how I love you so. Darwins theory of evolution via natural selection! you are my hero <3 without you, we would have thumbs, we would probebly still be pondscum in some primordial ozze a few billion years ago, the majot evidence towards this is the fact we can demonstrate it in certain organisms, pretty cool tests, kiddies, research them. i would write a nother fewq thousand words on this but its near my bed time

now in clossing I apologise for the shite spelling, its just who I am

the logic in all of this is that we have rock hard evidence, quantative and expressible in equations, science doesnt hate religion, though their are those in science who do, there area also many religious people in there aswell (im not joking!), im not insulting your belief in a god, as i cannot dissprove it, but do you have any evidence towards the fact that one does besides a book of observations that seemed logical at the time?

no I'm sorry to say, you dont.

the only problem I have here is that you wont accept that, you can believe in your god, sure, but you must atleast alknowledge the evidence that is being shown to you about science, without science, you would proebly still be sitting in a cave somewhere, that computer your on, science, that food you are crazing to eat involves science, your church was built and stays up because of the laws of science. Please believe, its great you ahve some purpos in life, but do not force your illogical theories onto other people WITH OUT ANY EVIDENCE