View Single Post
(#32)
Old
Unsaved trash

Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-26-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
No, the light from the star was pulled by the sun. I mean it would have to since physicals (falsely) says gravity is the mass of an object distorting space time around it. The classic image of a ball on a rubber sheet.
Ok, I see your point. However, you will find that the position of the stars in question appear shifted by only 1.75 arc seconds. I know that probably sounds like gobble-de-gook to you (Not that I am incenuating anything about your intellegence, I had to look it up myself!) so allow me to explain. An arc minute is equal to one sixtieth of one degree. As we know, there are 60 seconds in a minute, so a second is one sixtieth of a minute. Therefore, an arc second is equal to one 3600th of a degree.
Now if light bent all the way around the world, as you say it would if the Earth was round, it would have to bend at an angle between 90 and 180 degrees.
There's that proven wrong.

Quote:
Don’t change the subject. You said Austrians live in darkness and ignorance. Well Jesus loves all people friend.
I speak of physics, not racism. While the sun shines in Australia, it does not shine on the the UK. As the sun shines on the UK, it does not shine upon Australia, more proof of a round Earth. Do not attempt to twist my words. And what I said about your members was true, like it or not.

Quote:
Dear me I made a mistake. Yes it should be; “you chose reason and damnation.” Choosing reason over damnation would be something an atheist would say and I am certainly not an atheists.

I would be more careful in the future.

Well forgive me but we have to be careful about this. Atheists are notorious for pretending to be Christians in order to mock them. We have to be on constant guard against this at Landover.
I understand. No harm done.

Quote:
You may see our ideas outdated but we see them the timeless pronouncements of our God.
My friend, progress is a part of human nature. the house you live in, the clothes you wear, the language you speak, even the food you eat is due to progress. And thank science for it. For if not for science, we would still be living in the dark ages.

Quote:
Well friend unlike those Saturday observing Jehovah Witnesses we TRUE Christians™ have the TRUTH™. With that why would we need any passing fads in philosophy and science?
I sincerely hope that you appreciate that every other faith in the world believes they have the truth, and that you do not, just as you think so of them. With so much different opinion, how can we know what is correct other than by questioning it?