View Single Post
(#24)
Old
Unsaved trash

Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
Typical of a Darwinist you insist on misreading what I wrote. I brought up "Gravitational lenseing" as an example of light being bent by gravity. You will also recall this was proved by observing stars around the sun during an eclipse. It is perfectly reasonable, by your’ own nature worshiping logic, that the same effect would happen on a round earth so that discredits that whole silly round earth theory of yours’.
Typical of a creationist to insist on mireading my post. I stated that light is composed of photons, particles of zero resting mass. I also made the point that gravity is the attraction between two masses. Explain how an object of mass, such as the Earth, attracts particles of no mass via gravity.
Oh, wait. It doesn't.
As for seeing the stars during a solar eclipse (When making a point about an eclipse, be sure to point out which kind, for argument's sake.), this is the same effect as seeing the stars at night. The Sun's light outshines that of the stars during the day, explaining why we cannot see them at daytime. During an eclipse, the Sun's light is blocked by the moon. As such, this allows us to view the light from the stars previously hidden by the light from the Sun.

Quote:
I will ignore your’ comments about it being dark in Australia when it is light in America, that is just a racial cheep shot and you should be ashamed of yourself.
A racial cheap shot? You know what light and dark means, right? What God 'created' on the first day in Genesis. (Even though would have been impossible, not only due to the laws of thermodynamics, but largely to the fact that there was no light source to give off light, and you cannot create darkness, only remove light.)
I mean light and dark as in day and night. Dark being the absence of light, and light being energy given off by a light source. Also, I said it would be light in the UK when it was dark in Australia, not the US.

Quote:
Frankly I find it flabbergasting that you Darwinists are close minded and utterly refuse to acknowledge the evidence right before your’ eyes.
I was not always an atheist, I have considered the points from evolution and science and those from Christianity from a neutral perspective. I find that every creationist argument can be disproven, and at the end of the day, you have but your book, whereas science has fact, logic and reason.