View Single Post
(#61)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

whisper is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Are there any black (African) Goths and what color do they we - 10-13-2009, 10:13 PM

Ok, hey guys. New member Whisper here and I just wanted to stte this as nicly as I can. I do not mean to offend any of you, for that is not what I am here to do.

I came here seeking a place to talk to fellow christans. Please excuse me If I misspell something, as I am on my iPod. Anyway, the few threads that I have looked At have not only offended me, but also made me feel a little bit worthless and just unworthy of God. Some threads made me very made, this being one of them. I have to say that I expected better from you all, seeing as this is a Christ centered site. Now, please do not bash what I am about to say. All I ask of you is to listen and to try and understand. Afteral, are not Christians supposedd to listen and be understanding?

Being a teenager is difficult enough without having to have someone poke fun at your clothing style and Music. I read these threads on emo and goth and I start to feel like no one here is really as open as they say they are. Myself? I think that "goth" and "emo" are labels and nothing more. They should. Not change the way you see someone. Just because a person wears black does not mean that they are the "spawn of the devil" or associated with Satan in any way. I am cuttently wearing A black Flyleaf shirt -Christian band-, a pair of Tripp pants -simply go onto hottopic.com if you do not know what these are-, black arm warmers, and black Converse. Does this make me emo or goth or a Satan worshipper? No. It makes me an almost 15 year old Christian girl dressed in dark colors.

I have friends who dress like
ME and others that do not. One of my friends, who is Mexican, frequently comes into school with checkered skinny jeans blasting Avenged Sevenfold -all of the members of a7x are Christians. Another one of my friends, who is black, likes arm warmers and wants to die her hair. We are all Christians, love God, pray all the time, and I have even led a few people to Christ.

Your protests against goth are false. If a person drinks blood, that means they practice vamprism and the got the blood drinking thing from the Bible. Self harm is a way of coping with pain when no one wants to listen - I would know! You can not pin these things onto label.

In fact, gothic is a building style and emo is really short for emotional. Instead of bashing these things, you should maybe talk to an "emo" or "goth" to get to understand. I'm open to talk too.

God bless.