View Single Post
(#20)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Series of the greatest smitings in the Bible. - 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
Part 3: The escape.

Lot attempts to gather his sons-in-law, but they mock him.

Still in Genesis 19 14And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.

I thought his daughters were virgins. Maybe it was other daughters.

It's time to go. Your Sunday school teacher might have made is sound like they made a run for it once the angels blinded the men of the city, but that's not the case. Those whom were blinded have had all night to run around screaming in darkness. Lot doesn't leave until the next morning.

15And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
17And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

The plan is to go to a small city called Zoar.

20Behold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.
22Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do anything till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
23The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar.

Now that Lot has finally entered the city of Zoar, God can begin His work.

24Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

As we all know Lot's wife looked back and was made a pillar of salt, which must have been the original will of the LORD. He was paving the way for the final chapter of this epic smiting.
You know what one of my favourites is? The slaughter of the prophets of Ba'al, when Elijah won the contest. He sure taught them to not kill innocent people!
(Of course, the smilies in that image are not innocent; just look at their violent and threatening actions! But, like God smote people who murdered and oppressed others, God could smite those smilies...)

Last edited by DDM1985; 06-03-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to explain why I added the smilie-picture to the post.