View Single Post
(#1)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Godly Parenting: Tomato Staking for Beginners - 08-16-2012, 08:05 PM

"Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law
Psalms 94:12

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Colossians 3:20

Spank For Salvation

A Michael Pearl Approved Tool of Child Discipline

Friends, with so many new brides here, and others looking to start new families, I thought I'd offer my experiences as a successful mother of many obedient and properly submissive children. None of my children have ever embarrassed me or Mr. Etheldreda and each one is a shining example of what it means to be a Good and Godly American child.

The image of "Tomato Staking" comes from a book that, although is liberal in perspective, can still offer a decent stepping stone from which a True Christian™ wife and mother will want to raise her family (Raising Godly Tomatoes). Tomatoes that are staked in the ground cannot wander off and get into trouble and that is precisely what we want to avoid - children getting into trouble.

There are many reasons to avoid trouble, but they ultimately come down to one thing: Eternal Destiny.

Where do you want your children to spend eternity?

You know of course that the LORD has placed a price on your child's sin that your child can never pay except by death. (Romans 6:23) You also know the loophole the Loving God has provided is faith in Christ Jesus. (John 3:18) For this reason, teaching a child to be obedient to the parent is the only way to teach him to be sufficiently obedient unto the LORD.

Let's talk about the role of Authority.
(Acts 5:29)

God is, of course, in authority of everything in creation:

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come
Ephesians 1:21

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:18

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power
Colossians 2:10

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds
Hebrews 1:2

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
1 Peter 3:22

It is no less fitting that we mothers embrace our submissive roles under the God-given authority of our husbands.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Genesis 3:16

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 11:3

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1st Timothy 2:12

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Ephesians 5:22-24

Having thus established the support for a Godly home, we can now open discussion on teaching a child due submissiveness.

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Colossians 3:20

Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deuteronomy 5:16

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Ephesians 6:1

My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother
Proverbs 6:20

There is a reason our Heavenly Father demands our obedience. He knows that sin has corrupted the world and that our human minds are too finite to comprehend perfect justice. It would be like trying to explain to your dog how the car engine works. The dog will never comprehend it, but he knows he can trust you to get him from place to place safely when his face is flapping in the 70mph wind, enjoying the experience.

Our responsibility as True Christian™ parents is to teach our children the real meaning of life. (Ecclesiastes 12:13) Their true rights and earthly desires ought not be confused. They have one right and one right only - to be taught the saving message of the Gospel. Everything else is temporary (even if it lasts 93 years).

They must learn the importance of avoiding worldly lies. for God will not offer them Salvation if they do not love Him to the exclusion of every other thing.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1 John 2:15

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2

Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
James 4:4

Children must be taught to live for Heaven, for it does not come naturally to want this.

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Colossians 3:1-2

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ
Philippians 3:20

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 10:28

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Matthew 25:46

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:15

The Importance of Obedience

These Injuries Will Heal

These Injuries Will Never Heal

In my next post I'll share what to do to raise a child to be safe from the wicked temptations of the world, and the lies of the Enemy.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Last edited by Mary Etheldreda; 01-22-2013 at 12:11 AM.