View Single Post
(#8)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Louise1987 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Att. ATHEISTS: What is the Purpose of your SAD,Sorry lives? - 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM

Hello

1) Lost Sheep: You and I were in another discussion somewhere else on this site, but I think I've been banned or something, because it won't let me reply. I don't even think I wrote anything terrible, except for not being completely agreeing with the rest of you, which I don't percieve as bad.

No, to point 2)

I happen to be an atheist. I can explain what we think, if you like. Personally I am an agnostic atheist, meaning I believe in god when I see undisputable proof of god's existence. Currently religion is subjecte and a feeling and those who doesn't feel religious aren't, obiously

Atheists aren't worse than muslims or christians. There are many of each behind bars. Take catholism who has done much harm to children.

I think we can all agree that is terrible.

To explain why I'M an atheist I will give you an example.

When you look at a rainbow and see the beauty in it... it's undeniable. It's beautiful. I, as an atheist, wondered (and I hope most people wonder) how the rainbow function.

Splitting the rainbow apart doesn't make it ugly. I can be very poetic about it, as a whole, but when I "split it up" to find out what makes a rainbow and disovered light. I found out how light travels through space, how it makes our sky blue due to molecules and how, when it hits the rainbows, it splits the light into different colours, like you can prove with a prism if you hold it up to the light.

To me, religion couldn't explain how a rainbow function, the beuty of it. Saying "God did it" wasn't enough. I wanted to understand.

Whether god exists or not I would still want to know how it functions.

If god could be proved I would still wonder how a rainbow functions, how he made it. Like a car. Cars are designed by humans, but some people still want to know the details.

And flowers... most flowers have scents or shapes that attracts bees and other insects to help spread the pollen. Isn't the wonderful?

You may say God did it, but I STILL adore knowing how it works.

As with crime. Atheists are not worse than religious people.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I don't have moral. I don't kill people or hurt other people. I don't see the productivity in being cruel, really I don't.

All of my friends are atheist and I read the notorious Pharyngula blog everyday. Despite it, none of us feel the urge to harm other people.

I've helped a lot of people, too, who were hurt. Being an atheist doesn't mean we just ignore accidents.

We have exactly the same morals as religious, you, do, the reason behind the just differ. You get yours from the bible, possibly, we get ours from what is logical.

Killing is illogical. Thieving is stupid. Being cruel to others is stupid. Hurting children is stupid, animals, whatever.

So we might hide behind our atheism, but we could say the same to you. You pray, but without proven effect. Why pray and not just be active. Give money or something.

If I lay in a hospital bed I'd rather have the doctor operate on me than pray for me.

And no, we don't pretend to believe in God. My father once said to me, that it's better to believe, just in case.

But if I ever stood in front of God, I will rather be truthful than lie. I'd rather admit I didn't see his wisdom than pretend I saw it, just in case he existed.