View Single Post
(#11)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Why do good things happen to bad people? - 06-15-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Paulson View Post
Numbers 32:23 tells us why bad things happen to "good" people - these "good" people all comitted some sin, or at least somebody in their nation did, within the last few centuries. I don't care if it's a baby having impure thoughts in the womb, sin is sin and it makes God FURIOUS.

The part my little lady brain is struggling to understand is why good things happen to bad people. I'm sorry, I try to read the Bible regularly, but any book that doesn't have mouth-watering pictures with the recipes just seems unladylike to me. Also I get sleepy.

Anyway, out of 100 babies God kills about 75 of them in the womb, and that's before the abortionists get their clotheshangers into them. Yet look at the world's most murderous people, and how they died:

Ghengis Khan: Pneumonia, age 65 (very old by medieval standards)
Joseph Stalin: Stroke, age 74
Mao Zedong: Old age, age 82
Adolf Hitler: Instant death via gunshot to head: age 56
Emperor Hirohito (of WW2 Japan): Cancer: aged 87
Pol Pot: heart failure, age 73

All except Hirohito survived a huge amount of attempts on their lives, both on battlefields and from assassins.

What's going on? I have a few ideas, but I have no idea if there is scripture to back them up:

Are they actually good guys who have been smeared by the Liberal Media?
Is this proof of Satan's power?
Is God working to make the horrors of hellfire all the more painful after a lifetime of relative comfort?
Did God find them useful instruments (the people who got murdered had it coming?)
Is hell worse when you're old?
Maybe God saw their unique talents and waited for them to convert to Christianity?
God wanted to kill them but was too busy killing homos - which means homos are to blame for genocide?
I find Job a good place to go, to learn about suffering, why it happens, and the end result of suffering for the righteous. There are several psalms that also cover the subject, from the psalmist's perspective. Then, there's the statement by Paul about having a thorn in his flesh (2nd Corinthians 12:7-10). But, if you really want something to look forward to, after all the suffering you endure on Earth, the Revelation is one of the best books to read. Bottom line: the wicked eventually do suffer, and the righteous will receive their reward in due time.

Last edited by DDM1985; 06-15-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Wrong end-verse in the post.