View Single Post
(#16)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Questions to ask liberal "Christians" - 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Coleridge View Post
That seems rather mean when taken into context. Jesus doesn't even want the people he is preaching to understand his meaning.

That's not the portrait of the loving Christ I have always had in my mind.
Actually this is what the bible says on this. It is really the bible we should look to. For understanding. We are to know who God is and what he requires of us. That is why the bible was written to us.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (King James Version)

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

The bible is profitable, for doctrine, for our correction, and our instruction. These are really not my words. The bible says that all scripture is inspired for our instruction. There are many Christian religions, why is that so, since we all use the same book? It is because many use their own ideas, or only parts of the bible. It is really important to look to the bible for our answers.

John 4:23-24 (King James Version)

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

This means the truth of Gods word. We were given the bible to know God, and what his purposes are and how we fit in that. All of it is there for a purpose, and is meant to be understood.

Joshua 1:8 (King James Version)

8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
This verse mentions all that is written, we should observe. And study it day and night. God really asks us to get to know him, and we do that through the bible, and prayer.