View Single Post
(#14)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Gold Tither Real American™ Christian Love Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian One Year/1000 posts Tell her once

Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Warren Wierdsbe has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default The Whole Armor of God: Gospel of Peace - 09-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Ephesians 6
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

What does it mean, to wear the shoes of the preparation of the good news of peace? So many churches have gone off the track here over the centuries that it is just a travesty. “Salad Bar” Christians who want to take what is appealing and leave the rest, read this to say that the
”good news” is news that will bring peace to the world. Nothing could be further from the truth!

I said we’d get back to the “good news” of the Gospel. It’s good news for those who will hear it, because those who believe are those for whom Christ died. It’s good news for the bearers even when the hearers will not heed it, because it lets us know that some hard ground exists in which the seed may not take root.

2 Thessalonians 2

Quote:
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So the gospel is “good news” to those chosen from the beginning to be called, saved, and sanctified.

So why is it called the Gospel of Peace? Is it intended to bring peace with unbelievers, or peace to the international scene? Of course not! What did Jesus say about peace?

Matthew 10

Quote:
34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
So it’s not that kind of peace that the Gospel brings. Some Godly commentator in the Geneva Bible said it this way:

Quote:
The preparation of the Gospel may be as it were shoes to you: and it is very fitly called the Gospel of peace, because, seeing we have to go to God through most dangerous ranks of enemies, this may encourage us to go on bravely, in that you know by the doctrine of the Gospel, that we are travelling to God who is at peace with us.—Geneva Bible notes

John Gill, the great expositor of the same church as Charles Spurgeon but from a hundred years before, put it this way:
Quote:

The Gospel is so called, because it makes men to be of peaceable tempers and behavior, and gives peace to distressed minds: it directs the way to eternal peace, and publishes peace made by the blood of Christ; and has a much better claim to this name, and epithet, than the law has, which is often called "peace" by the Jews and here it designs a firm and solid knowledge of the Gospel, as it publishes peace by Jesus Christ, which yields a sure foundation for the Christian soldier to set his foot upon, and stand fast on; it being that to him, as the shoe is to the foot, its base or foundation: and for the feet to be "shod with" it designs the constant and firm standing of believers in the faith of the Gospel, and so striving and contending for it, without being moved from it, that it may continue with them.
To all who read these words…this is exactly what Landover Baptist Church and its pastors are vilified for all over the interwebs! For having their feet shod and contending for the Gospel!

May God grant to each of you the grace and will to have your feet shod with the preparation of the “gospel of peace,” in other words, that God has chosen you from the foundations of the earth, and any not so chosen will spend an eternity in hell because God causes them to believe a lie.

Next: The Shield of Faith

In Christ,
Warren