View Single Post
(#10)
Old
Forum Member

Ruth Elizabeth has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Ruth Elizabeth has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Ruth Elizabeth has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Ruth Elizabeth has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Ruth Elizabeth has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Ruth Elizabeth has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE: A description to end myths it is Engli - 02-09-2011, 01:48 AM

A most interesting read Brother McUinnean. In my local library there is a very large book titled Webster's Dictionary of the American Language. A quick search reveals that this book was first published in 1828, proving that American has been formally recognised as a separate and distinct language for over 180 years.

Part of the problem may be that software such as Microsoft Word refers to English (US) rather than American. Perhaps Mr Gates could be persuaded, in the interests of patriotism, to change this.

Australia still uses British spelling, and habits die hard, so I hope I will be excused for writing colour, etc.