View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

APOSTOLIC ARBITER is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Biblically Correct Marriage Amendment - 11-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Sir,

I am impressed with your position on the subject of biblical marriage and I trust that fleshly pride will not prevail between us concerning this subject. I perceive that you are not far from the mark. That said, I do not support the belief that rape constitutes marriage in the Sight of GOD because the scripture does not support this doctrine. Scripture addressing any subject must not be embraced to the exclusion of other scripture addressing that same subject. To do so is only to embrace bigotry and ignorance, which things pertain strictly to the fleshly mind.

One can just as easily fail to correctly divide the word of truth in excluding the "cherries" (as you call them) as one embraces error in adhering only to partial truth. Regardless of whether any partial truth represents the lion's share of Bible verses addressing any subject in question, understanding it cannot be complete unless all of the scripture concerning that subject is equally embraced. It seems a shame that we would be at odds concerning this subject, but I am adherant to that FULL BIBLE TRUTH which embraces those "cherries" along with the rest of the Word of GOD.

Deuteronomy 22

25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.
26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:
27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

Rape is tantamount to murder and should be dealt with accordingly.

May GOD bless you in the knowledge of full Bible truth.