View Single Post
(#89)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Reminder: God does not hear the prayers of sinners. - 02-05-2013, 09:14 AM

Bumping up this thread because of an epiphany I had in Bible study today.

So many come to our boards and basically say that they don't believe in God because God doesn't answer their prayers. Well these two scripture came forward to me today...

James 4:1-3 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

and

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

So basically the Bible is telling us that "greedy prayers" will not be answered. I also understand where God is coming from with the covetousness being the same as idolatry. Have you seen people who are fixated on one item? They pretty much worship that item, once I get that item then everything will be perfect, I will be completely happy, nothing will ever go wrong again.

Amazing how the Bible always has the answers!

Drama queen