Thread: Tolerance
View Single Post
(#8)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

TrulyTolerant is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Tolerance - 01-15-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
God hates homers, and those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex, and commands us to stone them. You've been repeatedly shown the verses which so direct us. Why must you belabor the point ad nauseam? Talk to God about His rules if you don't like them.

You're boring and witless, and on the verge of an infraction for so being. Really.
Please hear me out. My intentions are pure, and I believe what I have to say is true.

I'm sorry, I'm trying very hard to be patient here, but it's extremely difficult when you say things like this. It just baffles me that someone could be so... I mean, isn't humility one of the major themes of Christianity? Isn't love? And yet, here you sit, acting like God himself came to you in the night and told you all the secrets of the universe, every single thing people are supposed to do, never once willing to admit that maybe you were wrong. All you have to go on is faith, and that's exactly what the rest of us have. It's really hard to understand why you can't have a mature discussion with anyone on this site. You do realize, of course, that nobody ever actually debates these topics; you instead focus on simple typos or hide behind lazy attempts at insults. How are you supposed to follow God's word if all you do is tell people, while masquerading patience, that you're the only one who's ever going to be right? Don't you realize how many people like you there are in this world, of different denominations? What if a Presbyterian, or a Catholic, or a Wisconsin Lutheran came up to you and told you every single thing that you believe is wrong, and you're going to hell because you don't believe everything they do? It hurts, doesn't it? How can something that causes so much pain and enmity and negativity in the world, something that's the root cause of so many international wars and otherwise unprovoked murders "in the name of God," result in something good for the rest of the world? Isn't that what we're supposed to do as Christians, do good things for the world? Maybe you believe you are if you tell people your version of the truth. Well, what if God doesn't even care about the details? What if God only wants us to believe in Him and give what we can of ourselves to make the world a better place for our fellow creatures? Then all the good ones would go to heaven, and you'll have wasted valuable time that could be spent cleaning up the environment or helping a woman who's been victimized by extremist Christians who believe her spiritually equivalent to Lucifer himself, by the sounds of some of these people. What's worse, you'll have wasted it starting fights. God doesn't hate much, but one thing He can't stand is two people He loves to death fighting. That's happening all over the world. He loves us all, and we're causing Him pain by fighting all the time. What if you had two children and they started beating each other up over something stupid they were each both right and wrong about, but they couldn't resolve in time because they never gave each other the chance to talk it out? Wouldn't it tear you apart, to watch them kill each other rather than compromise and grow closer as siblings? Just imagine that. You don't want to do that to God. I'm begging you, live and let live. If they believe the wrong thing, they'll find their way. The truth means nothing if you don't discover it for yourself. Didn't the man who caught the Ark of the Covenant die because he touched it, rather than leaving its rescue in the hands of God? There's a lesson in that. God still loves them. God will show them the way. It's okay for it to be out of your hands. I assure you, God is more than capable of handling it.