View Single Post
(#2014)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

GlenOfTranquility is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: God Hates Iceland! - 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Disciple View Post
So you see, the idea that we should be nice to all people indiscriminately is a huge misunderstanding of Scripture, and is in fact diametrically opposed to True Christian Love™. Do you understand this?
I understand how you can come to this logic, and how you see that it is logically correct and justifies your thinking, certainly.

But I do have another question on this, which I suppose you could answer with "God would not allow the bible to be wrong" or something along those lines. I will ask it anyway, as your answer may surprise me much like your previous post.

Romans is the letter by Paul, as he passes through Rome on the way to preach in Spain if I remember correctly. The letter is essentially Paul's own views on the teachings of Jesus, rather than say, a direct quotation on events such as those found in Mark.

So I take it as Paul's own specific teachings, rather than those of Jesus. Are Paul's words, thoughts and motivations to be taken to be the same as those of Jesus? Was perhaps Paul not motivated to write Romans in a specific language given the nature of the situation in Rome at the time, to further his cause for preaching Christianity?

Or is it enough that it can be assumed that because of the mere fact that it is in the bible, it is the truth, and therefor, beyond question?