View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Cherry-picker

Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: True Christians are Perfect! - 11-24-2010, 04:33 AM

Aye. Perhaps a direct approach is too confrontational.

Here's a more conversational approach. I think that you guys are actual Christians, only that you're a bit legalistic on your views. Hey, I'm okay with that, it's just that I think that you're complicating God's grace. (I can already feel the counter-arguments...) Jesus' opponents were almost always the Pharisees, who wanted to make sure that the law was followed to the letter and so overlooked many of Jesus' miracles.

The old testament contains many truths, but I believe that the core bits of our (yes, you and me) theology should come from the new testament, as it is what deals with us specifically. Yes I know that Jesus came to fulfill the law, as Paul says, "I am not free from God's law, but am under Christ's law". However, if we just point fingers at people and follow the Bible to the letter, we may find ourselves overlooking the true miracle of God.

The Bible is just a book. Granted, it's the book of God inspired and God-breathed, but if we really want to get somewhere, we can look at the book for information, or we can go to the source. "If anyone lacks wisdom, let him go to God who is the source of wisdom."

I may simply be considered 'the straw man' on this forum, but the one who made me calls me his friend.