View Single Post
(#58)
Old
Unsaved trash

Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 02-01-2008, 11:13 PM

[quote=Ahimaaz Smith;135601]

Quote:
So you admit that you don’t understand it, but still you think it’s OK to knock down the only explanation we have that makes sense. Illogical.
But your explanation doesn't make sense. It is more logical to presume that the universe has always existed rather than some magic, supernatural force outside space and time suddenly decided to create it.

Quote:
First of all, light is not a particle and these photons are myths. Has anyone ever seen a photon? No (if you have, then, pray enlighten us by drawing a picture). Anyway, every object attracts everything, light and particles, in exactly the same way—Einstein proved that.
I'll do better than that, I'll show you a picture

This is a picture of photons being emitted in a coherent beam from a laser.

Quote:
This is very simple to understand--when it is daytime in Australia it is nighttime in the UK. As you correctly pointed out, day and night (created on the first day, Genesis 1:5) existed before the Sun existed (created on the fourth day, Genesis 1:14). God made the sun to rule over the daytime, so of course you can't see it at night. You generally only see the Moon at night for the same reason (God set it to rule the night). The fact that sometimes you can see the Moon in daytime is proof that light is bent by the Earth’s gravity.

The fact that the moon is sometimes visible duing the day is yet more evidence of an imperfect design. If God set the moon to rule over the night, why would he allow light to bend so that the moon could be seen during the day?

Quote:
The laws of thermodynamics have been worked out and tested only in a post-creation world. To apply them to the moment of creation is ridiculous, since there is no way to test what happened at the moment of creation except to read the Book written by the only eyewitness. Anything more isn't
Quote:
science, it’s mere speculation.

The laws of thermodynamics suggest that there is in fact no point of creation and that the universe has always existed. Before you try and say that this idea is stupid, do not forget that you believe God has always existed.

Quote:
How do you know that world isn’t really all dark, except for the parts where God removed the dark, which are now light?
When I hook a lightbulb up to an electrical circuit and switch the circuit on, provided there are no faults in the circuit and there is an adequate power source connected, the light bulb will light up. That is not God creating light, that is the light bulb creating light. When I remove the power source, the light will turn off.
If I build a brick house with no windows and go inside, it will be dark. When I open the door, and it is light outside, light will come in. Nothing has changed except the door's position. God did not change it, I did.
It is more logical just to accept that the sun casts light. The sun is made of gas going through continous reactions. We can observe gas going through a reaction and producing light by looking at fire. Can we look at God producing light? Can we go up to heaven and find god playing with his giant flashlight? Of course not.

Quote:
(2) Because there are waves and hills between you and the ship. The farther away the ship is, the higher the highest wave or hill in between will be, as a matter of probability. It's more likely there's a 20 foot wave--enough to block your view of the hull, but not of the mast, of most ships--between you and a ship hundreds of miles offshore than between you and a ship only one mile offshore, so you're more likely to see the hull of a nearby ship than of one that is far off. An intervening wave will block your view of the entire ship long before a ship reaches the falls at the edge of the world.

(3) It does disappear if it falls off the edge, but that's a long, long way away.

That is an optical illusion. If you do the calculations, you’ll see that the apparent curvature of the Earth is completely explained by the tendency of the Earth’s gravity to bend light from far away more than it bends light from a nearby source.

Where exactly is the edge of the world? Has anyone ever seen it? Do you know anyone who has fallen over the edge?
I have seen it. In a Disney film.

How can we prove the Earth is round? Simple logic, maths and of course going into space and actually looking at it. When Mars comes enough close to Earth, we are able to see it with the naked eye and it is round. Mars is a planet, just as Earth is. When you look through a telescope, you can see the other planets, which are also round. You can claim optical illusions all you want, but we can observe with our own eyes that light simply does not bend enough to create an illusion of that magnitude.

Quote:
The proof of a flat Earth by maps is easy enough--take roadmap map and carefully cut it into smaller pieces. When you put the pieces back together, they will fit together perfectly.
Quote:
If the Earth were spherical, the pieces of these small maps couldn't possibly fit together (since the map is flat, but we're assuming that the Earth is spherical). So the Earth can't be spherical.

Well if I cut up a piece of paper then it will all fit back together and be flat too. A roadmap is just like the net of a cube. Put it together and it becomes a cube, but unravel it and it looks 2D.