View Single Post
(#18)
Old
Unsaved trash

Physics! is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Carbon Dating EXPOSED! - 04-16-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
Created?
Yes, though "formed from other components" would be more accurate.

Quote:
Out of nothing in the atmosphere?
I never said the phrase "out of nothing". Carbon-14 forms when Nitrogen-14 is struck by a neutron, which then ejects a proton.

Quote:
Carbon is stuff like coal. It doesn't exist as free carbon in the atmosphere.
Nitrogen does exist as a gas in the atmosphere...in fact over 75% of the air we breath is Nitrogen. As Nitrogen-14 is what forms Carbon-14 when struck by a neutron...

You can see where I'm going with this.

Quote:
Besides, why should carbon 14 be created right up to the moment the plant dies but stop being created after that?
Carbon-14 is created in the atmosphere; not in plants or animals. As long as respiration is occurring, the organism is taking in Carbon-14 from the atmosphere, so that the concentration of the particles will be the same inside the organism as it is in the atmosphere. When the organism dies however, respiration stops and Carbon-14 no longer has a way to enter the organism. At the point the levels begin to drop relative to the atmosphere.

It's very easy to understand.

Quote:
Admit that the whole concept is some liberal claptrap.
I'd be lying if I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Isaiah Jones View Post
I think you're confusing Carbon-14 with Carbon dioxide.
I am not.

Quote:
There is no evidence for Carbon-14 being present in the atmosphere.
It can be detected by the constant stream of electrons being given off as Carbon-14 undergoes Beta decay.

Quote:
Moreover, if any Carbon-14 exists at all it must have been created by God 6000 years ago and therefore it can't possibly be dated beyond the First Day of Creation.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That's not how science works.
Quote:
The errors of your so-called science are overwhelming.
Actually, if you took the time to learn about science, you'd see that most of the "errors" you are referring to don't exist at all.

Quote:
If you'd only read the Bible and see its infallible truth you would understand how creationism is the most logical approach to these things.
Creationism isn't scientific in the least though, as it involves having your unshakable conclusion already set and then trying to find just the evidence that supports it.

Real science looks at the evidence, then tries to find the conclusion. Creationism does it backwards.

Quote:
Why do you hate Jesus so much?
I don't hate Jesus. Please don't project onto me.