View Single Post
(#19)
Old
Petite pearl of Baptist womanhood
True Christian™

True Heterosexual™ True Christian™ Gold Tither One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker Best Pie Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Protected by JESUS Christian Love Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Born again virgin Christian Love True Republican Persecuted Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Paula Deen Negro Support Group Touched by Jesus Anti-sodomy

Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mistress Cookie will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: SIGN OF END TIMES - CORNINGWARE - 12-11-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieverInGod View Post
CORNING WARE IS NO LONGER CORNING WARE...the boy's broke one of my Pyrex pie plates, so I went and bought one at Wallmart. I baked a pie, took it out of the oven and put it on the counter to cool and it cracked in half. Perfectly in half!
Oh Sister, you were truly taking your family's LIFE in your hands by buying that new stuff! The olde ways are always the best.

I am so glad no one was hurt.

Listen, the Widow Sarah on Gateshead Road has a huge stockpile of the old patterns. Collecting it all was practically her life. There's so much of it it's practically breaking the shelves of her display cabinets, and has obviously become unsafe.

She's fading fast, now, poor thing, but I know it delights her to see someone else appreciating her collecion, and taste. She can't talk these days, but her eyes just light up when she sees me itemizing and labeling it all, and consulting all her old collectors magazine indexes.

She mostly has "Strawberry" and "Spice O' Life". (I took the "Snowflake" pieces.) Also a lot of the classic "Cornflower", but that must have been her everyday set, because it's pretty worn. I think it's best to leave her with those. Older people appreciate being surrounded with the familiar.

I doubt she's left the house in about 20 years, so there's no chance any of these are the fewfangled, "cheapie" version. Just let me know what you want and I'll box it up.

Sarah would want it this way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I just found more "Cornflower" in the spare bedroom. Do you want it?