View Single Post
(#30)
Old
Unsaved trash

Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-25-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
How can you say it doesn’t? God decrees what gravity is. Christian sciences has long ago proven that gravity is just angels holding things down. Basically the angels fly up and grab the light photons and drag them down a little bit.
God? Last time I checked, the laws of gravity were attributed to Sir Isaac Newton.
Also, if you could show me where in the Bible, or better yet, any empirical evidence of these angels doing this, I would be grateful.

Quote:
No, what happened was a star near the edge of the sun observed “position” was moved by the gravitational effect of the sun. This could only be seen during an eclipse because the sun is so bright.
There are no stars near enough to the Sun to be affected by its gravitational pull. Either way, I don't see how this affects my point, if anything, it supports it.

Quote:
It also means ignorant. You are saying Australians are backwards. There is no room for hate at Landover.
What I'm saying is that the Earth is round, as I proved a few posts back. In any case, what is to say that I am not saying us Britons are not backwards? I've seen that said by a fair number of your fellow American members.
In fact I see alot of your veteran members making hateful statements towards people of others cultures and races all the time.

Quote:
So, another ex-Christian atheist? I am so sad you chose reason over damnation. I do hope you are not here just to use Landover to mock Christians by making us sound like a bunch of raving idiots.
Sad I chose reason over damnation? My friend, that means that because of reason, I have been saved. I think you intended to say that I chose reason over salvation. But do not fret, everyone makes mistakes.

No, I am not here to mock you. In the discovery of your forum from the Super Mario Galaxy scandal, I was incredibly saddened by what people were writing here. I saw ignorance, intolerance, racism, sexism, theory which had been outdated for centuries. Just as the Jehovah's witness comes to my door with hope of saving me, and I send them off with their tails between legs having proven them wrong on pretty much every point they made, I come to you, in hope of enlightening you. I appreciate your beliefs, however I disagree with them. Many people have worked very hard to abolish your outdated ethics, and in modern society, yours are seen simply as ignorant and intolerant.
Another reason I post in your forum is that I noticed people were shrugging off points against their beliefs with no consideration towards the matter, or flaming those who dare try and speak anything not explicity written in the Bible. I would like to encourage open-minded debate, as I believe that this is the true path to salvation of any kind.

If you do not wish me to be here, simply say so, and I will leave. But I hope that you consider all I have said with an open mind.