View Single Post
(#23)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1- - 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
Yup, lots of folks cherry-pick those verses, and totally neglect some like this:

(Leviticus 19:15) "Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour."

and

(John 7:24) "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Etc. etc.

Friend, you appear to have a passing familiarity with the Bible, or at least some reasonably decent internets skills, but in order to gain entrance to Heaven you must accept the WHOLE Bible.

(Deuteronomy 4:2) "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

The scriptures I mentioned are also in the bible, just as the ones you brought up. So, is this a contradiction of the bible it'self, or is it to be understood a different way? What I mean, is there deeper understanding to this?
If you took the scriptures I quoted and the ones you quoted literately or a least at face value you would have a contradiction of the scriptures. One side saying do not judge and other side saying it is OK to judge.
So are you saying Matthew 7:1-5 is not correct? Or is inaccurate?

Matthew 7:1–5
aJudge not, bthat ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and cwith what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, dfirst cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.