View Single Post
(#64)
Old
Unsaved trash

StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 02-02-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
that parishioner of yours' most likely works for Lawrence Livermore National Lab on nuclear weapons.... I am curious why you would even allow a man like that in your precious Berkley Unitarian Church?
An excellent question. He works at the less well known Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, a lovely facility on the University of California, Berkeley campus overlooking the Bay that is devoted to peaceful energy research, including some excellent work in renewable energy. There are also many professors and students from Cal Berkeley in our congretation. I'm not aware of any members who work at Lawrence Livermore, but we do not enforce particular political views on our congregants. We prefer encouraging them to moderate their warmongering views using gentle persuasion, candlelight vigils, and setting good examples.

Quote:
Berkeley being a nuclear free zone and all that (that issue came up when I was transporting a bottle of Thoruim for our mission their San Fransisco....
The City of Berkeley is, indeed, a nuclear free zone, and I'm proud to say that my congregation played a large role in that (though it was before my time here).

Why was your mission was transporting thorium? On second thought, I don't think I want to know.

...as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14 (emphasis mine)