View Single Post
(#27)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

snottyduck is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Are there any black (African) Goths and what color do they we - 05-07-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tLakota View Post
goths, satanists, witches, and the like are all different. This sounds satanist to me. Goth music is more like Breaking the Habit by Linkin' Park.

Removed Lyrics for convience

Either way, being around people who believe this kind of pain is natural was hard for me. I was used to wallowing in good fortune and the love of Christ, so this quickly depressed me and I left them behind.
OK, I can understand you got depressed this but it only applies to you personally of course. It's your decision to leave them behind and I respect that choice. For me, it's a different story, I've been a Goth for over 15 years now and never have been feeling depressed by Goth music or people, I usually avoid those depressed types, they indeed bring no happiness. But being depressed and sad is not only a thing Goths experience, many common people have it too.

Being a Satanist is a free choice, you either go with it or not. I have not met many Satanic Goths, and it's not that they try to hide it, Goths are open about things like that. You will find a lot more Satanist in the Black/Death metal scene than in the Goth scene.