View Single Post
(#9)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Most Obedient True Christian™ True Christian Lady Best stoning bucket Touched by Jesus True Christian Beauty Ex-eurotrash Real American™ In Love With Zeke One Year/1000 posts Hands Off

Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Marriage: Are Hyphenated Last Names Godly? - 02-10-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frednekk View Post
I believe you are referring to Matthew 18:25?
But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
I am sure you did not mean to contradict me, Frednekk, and so on this occasion I will forgive you. Had I wished to refer to Matthew 18:25, you may be sure that I would have done so.

Up until the completion of the marriage ceremony, a Godly woman owes obedience to her father and not her future husband. Colossians 3:20 is clear on this point. If her father wishes her to carry on his name - with or without one of these abominable hyphens - then she is bound to agree and to renege on that agreement during her father's lifetime would surely be not merely a sin, but economically foolhardy?

However, I feel that in these cases the solution is to combine the surnames, with the woman's father's name first, without the vile hyphen, as in Fotheringay Featherstonehaugh rather than the (frankly ludicrous) Fotheringay-Featherstonehaugh. The Fotheringay part can then be quietly dropped in everyday use, and take its rightful place as a middle name for the children.

YiC
AW

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: