View Single Post
(#5)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Wires. is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Wires. is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Top Ten Questions to Ask Your Atheist Science Teacher! - 08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

If humans evolved from chimpanzees, why are chimpanzees still around?

Chimpanzees and Humans both evolved from a common ancestor, which, surprise surprise, isn't still around.

The Big Bang Theory proposes that everything in the Universe started from something called singularity which is smaller than an atom. How can you stuff everything in the universe in that? It's hard enough to stuff four suitcases in the trunk of your car!

The vast majority of the structure of an atom is empty space, if you made a scale model of a hydrogen atom with, the nucleus the size of, say, a golfball, the electrons would be about 500,000 miles away. In a singularity, the atoms are compressed such that there is none of the "emptiness"; you could fit everything into an atom sized space with room to spare.

If the earth really revolves around the sun, then why when we look at the sun we can see it plainly revolving around the earth? (And if the earth was moving around the sun, wouldn't we all fly off into space?)

Because from our perspective, the sun is revolving around the earth, due to the earths spin; in relation to the earth, which we understand as being motionless, even though it isn't, the sun does seem to rise and fall, revolving around the earth. Also, lrn2 Gravity. I hear gravity gives you fundamormons alot of trouble.

If women were not created from Adam's rib, why is it that men have one fewer rib than women?

They dont. lrn2 anatomy

How do scientists know stars are "millions of light years away"? Have they been there and back? Do they have a tape measure that stretchs that long?

As has been said, the science of triangulation.

Scientists say all our genetic information is coded on DNA. But DNA is an acid! How can you write information in acid? You can write information on a hard drive, but not a liquid!

DNA is not a liquid. And why is it so easy for you to believe that you can write information on a computer hard drive, but not DNA? A bit convenient for your argument isn't it.

People have been wearing clothes for thousands of years. Why haven't our bodies evolved natural clothes that come out of our skin then?

What do you think skin and hair is, if not natural clothing, which protects our flesh from the elements, and keeps us warm. Because we wear clothes, our bodies haven't had to naturally adapt, ie. our skin hasn't had to grow thicker, and our hair has receded from the majority of the human body.

If there really are millions and millions of species, then how could have Adam named them all? Obviously, there's not that many species then! (Gen 2:18-22)

I will even use your own logic to disprove you on this one. According to your theologists, Adam lived for over 900 hundred years. I think he had enough time.

If our brains are just a mishmash of biochemistry, how come chemicals like gasoline or bug spray can't think?

Gasoline & Bug-spray =/= Biochemistry. Also, brains are a highly organized "mishmash" of biochemistry.

Einstein said that if you approach the speed of light, time slows down. Once you hit the speed of light, time stops. If that is so, how come light can travel from point A to point B if time is stopped for light?

Time is relative to the universal constant. No, not God kids, but the speed of light. For objects that are traveling close to the speed of light, time slows down, because time is dependent on the relative speed of light, ie. If you'r in a car traveling a tiny bit slower than a train beside you, the train doesn't seem to be traveling incredibly fast, however, if you are walking, the train speeds past you, due to the principal of Relative Speed.

I'm 17, and I just answered all your so-called "unanswerable questions"

Also, inb4 heathen scum, i'm actually Christian, I just hate mormons.