View Single Post
(#21)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Pray Holistic Foods Disappear Down a Hole - 01-29-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandJob View Post
The amount of crops produced isn't the problem, it's the distribution of the crops produced.

I am not suggesting that everyone turn to producing only organic food, I just don't see why you all don't like organic food, when it does not contradict the Bible.

Obviously, for starving children, it is better to have food with some pesticides and chemicals than none at all. However, using dangerous chemicals would not be beneficial in the long run for anyone, so it's probably best to use the least dangerous ones possible or none at all.
Actually, production is the problem. Organic farming doesn't even produce 1/2 of the bushels/acre that modern farming does. But hey, don't tear down the forests to make more farmland either.

Well DDT was pretty much harmless to us humans, but OOOOHHHHHH THINK OF THE POOR FALCON!!!! THEIR EGGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN OUR FOOD AND HEALTH.

BTW, where did you get the idea that "organic"= non-harmful? DEET is less of a carcinogen than Citronella, but which one got banned for "not being natural"?

Here you go, straight out of a LIEBRAL source. Now why didn't this make it into the media?

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~lhom/organictext.html
Quote:
So what does organic mean? It means that these pesticides, if used, must be derived from natural sources, not synthetically manufactured

When you test synthetic chemicals for their ability to cause cancer, you find that about half of them are carcinogenic.

But when the studies were done [on organic pesticides], the results were somewhat shocking: you find that about half of the natural chemicals studied are carcinogenic as well.
And you wonder why I turned my back on the scientific world?

Drama queen