View Single Post
(#29)
Old
Unsaved trash

Sacha-DG is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 01-25-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyD View Post
Sasha -

God wrote the Bible to tell humans about the world and His plan.
I am interested in this plan, please explain it to me.

Quote:
Now, considering God created the universe, including all matter and the physical laws which govern that matter, exactly WHAT "scientifical" source would you consider better to quote?
Assuming that God created the universe and it could be proven, then fair enough, I would openly accept God's teaching.
Oh, wait, you cannot prove it, you only have faith.
People are different, some choose to accept that in this lifetime, chances are, we aren't going to find out how the universe began, if it didn't always exist. Those people turn to a supernatrual explanation because it is not something we are currently able to explain. You have faith or 'hope' that what you believe is true, because otherwise you would be lost and find life to have no meaning. And I know you cannot stand the thought of that.

However people like me constantly seek answers. I seek the truth. Nothing will change when I find it, because its history, but I have a thirst for knowledge. Scientists are scientists because they share this thirst. the quest for knowledge is human. It is also infinite. But human instinct drives me to search for the truth. I do not wish to be deceived.

Quote:
The Book by the Guy who created everything, and knows everything, or something some of His creations guessed, hypothesized, and theorized their way to?
A hypothesis is the begging of the discovery of knowledge. A hypothesis is based on our current knowledge of the world as we know it.
If the Bible says something, and we then test that and find it to be false, the whole book becomes meaningless.
If the Bible indeed literally means that the Earth is flat, then it is wrong, as I showed you already. What is the point in believing something we can prove to be incorrect? If God deceives us so, then his malevolence knows no bounds.

And for the record, its 'Sacha', not 'Sasha'. 'Sasha' is the female form of the name.