View Single Post
(#90)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Republican

Location: Pastor Deacon Fred Hall, Landover Christian University School of Law, Freehold, Iowa, God's Country
Ahimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Flat Earth? Hell Yes! - 02-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha-DG View Post
Looks like a true christian to me.
Sacha, I thought that you of all people would have understood the use of irony. I was not seriously suggesting that the Bermuda Triangle is the edge of the Earth. Disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle are obviously the work of the Devil, not of God. God wouldn't put the edge of the earth in the middle of the Atlantic (Revelation 7:1 discusses the four corners of the Earth, not a hole in the middle). Anyway, God punishes us for sin, not for exploring His creation.

God has obviously made it impossible for us even to see, much less actually sail off, the edge of the Earth. That doesn't mean that the edge doesn't exist, however.

I think that a lot of nonbelievers think that the Bible was written by a bunch of tribal savages who simply got it all wrong because they were stuck in their own small territory and didn't see the big picture. In this view, the Bible says the Earth was flat just because the writers of the Bible didn't know any better.

The problem with that view is that it is totally wrong. For example, in Matthew 4:8, the Apostle tells us that Satan took Jesus to a high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world. Matthew was a well educated man who knew Greek philosophy and mathematics. He obviously knew that the Greeks thought the Earth to be spherical. He must have been at the top of mountains himself and able to see what appears to be the curvature of the Earth. He was not some yokel off the proverbial turnip truck.

So why did Matthew write about the mountain from which Jesus could see all of the kingdoms of the Earth? He must have known that many people (e.g., you) would find this concept laughable. The answer is that he understood that there was a deeper truth that Jesus could see with his eyes, but which the rest of us can only see through our faith. It's kind of like Hell, I don't want or need to see it to know that it is real.

Before you laugh at us over this, just remember that (as you can see earlier in this thread), the scientists are actually considering the notion that we are all really just made of information. I don't see how a literally flat Earth is in any way less believable than that.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25