View Single Post
(#9)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

narrowpathy is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Swapping of property - 02-18-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
Strange questions and without any pre-amble, nevertheless, my first thoughts are:

There's a lot of "taking from" and "giving to" in the Bible often for services or obedience rendered. This can be described as "swapping property." You have the ability to sacrifice a goat, God has the power to send plagues on your enemy in return.

The question of property should not be confused with either possession or ownership.

Property stands on its own and is anything that is capable of being owned and this includes knowledge.

Possession is answered by "Who has it at the moment?" Clearly there are lists of things all through the Bible that people possessed.

Ownership is answered by, "Is there anyone who could legitimately say, 'That is mine.'?"

As God made Heaven and earth and all that is in it, they are all His.

Dominion is the capability to act and issue authoritative and legitimate instructions as to the disposal of, and/or conduct with, property.

God gave man dominion over most of the things on the earth:

Ge:1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Ge:1:28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

There is, unless we take replenish the earth, and subdue it: as authority,as far as I can see, a lack of dominion over vegetation but as Noah used wood to make the Ark, and bread features heavily, one assumes that God does not mind this.

Why do you ask?
I actually wanted to ask a question about women, or more precisely wives, but your post made me wonder,
say, I like Roberta's bicycle (just for the sake of argument, I doubt she has one and I prefer to drive or walk). I get on the bike and I ride away. If somebody asks me why I took her bike, I reply that it was not hers, but God's as all things are God's.
So, what's wrong with this argument of mine?

"Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me" -- Faaabulous President Bush, May 27, 2004