View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Because of the Blood of JESUS..... - 03-06-2013, 01:02 AM

While I was on his site, I found these articles on the NIV

Can I read the NIV and still be saved?

Quote:
All Bibles Are NOT OK That said, I cannot then say that "all Bibles are OK." Have you read the Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible? One day I read to my church a number of verses. I asked them if they sounded right. None agreed. They agreed to a one that something was wrong. Then I showed them the camouflaged Bible I read from was a JW's New World Translation. Everyone was relieved. Then I told them: "Every verse you heard is essentially the same in the NIV." Mouths were stopped. People gasped. It was a great effect! I had made a point.
Which is correct in 1 Timothy 3:16

Quote:
The difference between "God" and "who" in Greek was a little line. The amazing thing is, by the Alexandrians removing a line from one letter, they took away the deity of Christ!
The overwhelming testimony of history is that God preserved His words. In thousands of manuscripts, God preserved these words, "God was manifest in the flesh." Though the Roman Catholic religion preserved the perversion of the Alexandrians, and every Alexandrian translation tries to hide it, it is still true: God was manifest in the flesh.
And you will always find truths like this, when you read the King James Bible.
Isn't it good enough to find the missing words in my NIV footnotes?
Quote:
It is never "good enough" to take out or replace God's words. The text of the Bible is what the translators want you to think is the word of God. By putting the words into the footnotes, they make the reader think 1) they did not really belong in the Bible and 2) they are not really important. But those words are very important. Look at these Scriptures:
KJV
Ephesians 4:6
"One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" NIV

"one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all" With an NIV is pretty easy for a Christian Scientist to say that God is "in everyone," even those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.

KJV
Luke 2:33
"And Joseph and his mother marveled…" NIV

"The child's father and mother marveled…" Anyone who believed that Joseph, not God, was Jesus' true father would love the NIV (or any other of the Alexandrian perversions).
KJV
Mark 10:24
"…Jesus answereth again, … Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!" NIV

"…Jesus said again, 'Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God!'" The perversions spread the lie that it is hard to get to heaven. That makes it easy to say we need to do good works to be saved.
KJV
Mark 15:28
"And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors. NIV

[Omitted] This is the only place in the New Testament that shows us the fulfillment of this prophecy in Isaiah 53:12. The perversions hide a fulfilled prophecy!
KJV
Luke 9:54-56
54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. NIV

54 When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?" [comparison with Elias omitted]
55 But Jesus turned and rebuked them, [Jesus' words of rebuke omitted]
56 [Jesus' reason for coming to earth omitted]
and they went to another village. The Alexandrian writings make this passage meaningless! The preserved Bible shows us that Jesus' disciples are not to take revenge, nor to "destroy lives," but to "save them." The whole lesson here is removed in the perversions.

Drama queen