View Single Post
(#7)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians - 01-19-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin View Post
The Church never put anyone to death. They just tried heretics, and if found guilty, turned them over to local authorities for sentencing.
If you mean kings, secular judges etc.. Then that just isn't true.. But even if it was:
Would it mean that you're somehow innocent of those murders then? Of course not.
If you hire a hitman to kill someone, you're pretty much as guilty of murder as if you do it yourself.

And you already know that the cathylick "church" WAS the "local authority"!
It could even make and break kings, thus making it the most powerful mortal authority at the time, both local and global.
Anyone who opposed the antichrist pope risked getting stripped of his crown.
No wonder they "agreed" to help and/or allow your dirty work.

Quote:
Also, Pope John Paul II repeatedly acknowledged the Church's sins of that time (the torture), and prayed often for God's forgiveness...I bet you wouldn't say that about Henry VIII and Elizabeth I's slaughter of us Catholics back in the 1500s...
So you admit that what you did was wrong?
What happenend to your notion of infallability doctrine-wise?
And you've just proved that you are liars and not real Christians.

He that saith,
I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not:
Whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:6

Quote:
And what about people like Thomas More, Mary Queen of Scots, Edmund Campion, etc. who were slaughtered under Henry VIII & later Elizabeth I?
What a hypocrite you are!
If anyone here was judged and killed by local authorities without involvement of a church, it was those cathylicks.
But now all of a sudden you think that's wrong..

Quote:
Play ball.
Is this some kind of pedophile-code for one or another unspeakable act that you perform on altarboys?

Quote:
Okay, what do you call your male parent?
Would you stop asking that?
Unless you actually are the literal male parent of your entire congregation, you can't use it as an excuse anyways.

Quote:
It is a custom. We have granted exceptions to priests who were already married before they became priests. In fact, the Eastern Rite Catholics (loyal to the Pope, but maintaining their rites)...most of their priests are married.
Yeah.. it's a custom (tradition), a custom that transgresses the commandments of God. Just like the pharisees did.
(Matthew 15:3-8)

A Different commandment, a different tradition, but exactly the same behavior.

Quote:
Could somebody tell me WHY ARE YOU QUOTING THE PHARISEES?
Could somebody (read: you) tell me WHY YOU ARE ACTING LIKE THEM? (See above.)

Quote:
Also, cousins and very close friends are often referred to as brothers and sisters internationally. I will quote Benjamin Franklin here:

"A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother."
That's probably the lousiest argument I've ever heard.
So if an obviously literal use of the word brother doesn't even mean brother anymore, why does the use of the word (for example) mother still mean mother?

Stop twisting scripture, papist dog.

Quote:
That was a PAGAN GODDESS the Lord was against-the Blessed Mother hadn't even been conceived yet, much less be the queen of heaven.
If she hadn't even been conceived, how can you call her the Mother of God?
A REAL mother always predates her children, you know..
Or maybe you actually don't know.. the things cathylicks don't know could fill the Vatican archives.

Quote:
If Jesus is God, and Mary is His mother, wouldn't you say Mary is the Mother of God?
See above.
Mary was the earthly container for Jesus earthly form, that's it.

Quote:
And I suppose altar calls, sola scriptura, and "personal Lord and Savior" ARE in the Bible?
Yes.

Quote:
Okay, throw away your cameras, paintbrushes, and delete your computer graphics program! Matter of fact, get rid of this big banner on your website!
What a typical papist reaction:
You KNOW you commit a sin so instead of repenting you try to make yourself look better by trying to drag others down with you.

Quote:
If you will look in the Gospels, Jesus said "This is my blood, poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
And you will also find:
And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
Mark 14:22-25

Jesus Himself says He's drinking wine, fool.

Quote:
I will bring up "The Case Of The Sinning Minister":

Let's say your minister became a "born-again Christian" at the age of 15. Now he is 75. In the intervening 60 years the man has lived an exemplary life. So far as he or anyone else knows, he never has committed a single serious sin. But then, at age 75, comes a change. During one horrible day, he robs a bank, deliberately runs over a cat with his car, commits adultery, blasphemes loudly in public, murders a neighbor, and then commits suicide, dying unrepentant.

My question to the Fundamentalist: Does your minister go to heaven or hell?
Of course he would go to hell!
He would never have been Saved to begin with if he acted like that! (1 John 3:6-7)
If you had read the Bible you would KNOW that the Saved CANNOT FALL FROM GRACE. (John 10:27-29)

Quote:
The word "satan" means adversary, obstacle. Peter was trying to interfere in Jesus' passion at the time (Jesus said "Get behind me satan"-lowercase s)
The story goes to prove that Peter was quite fallible doctrine-wise.
So if not even Peter was infallible, how could any pope ever be?

Quote:
That is how Jesus made Peter the first Pope, His Vicar, and Head of the Church.
Show me where it says that He is made pope..
That isn't in the Bible, and the office didn't even exist yet.
Also show me where the power God gives to Peter is supposed to be passed on to another..
Especially another who isn't even chosen by God, but by a council of mortal men!

You can't, beacuse it isn't there.
There is no Biblical base for the office of pope, you've only turned to the story of Peter in a futile attempt to validate your pathetic excuse of a "church"..
Just too bad for you Peter never preached to the gentiles nor set foot in Rome.
You should have checked if your lies hold water first.. (Galatians 2:7-9)

Quote:
John 20:21-23
"He therefore said to them again, 'Peace be to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you'. When He had said this, He breathed upon them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit; whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained'."
I'll ask (basically) the same question again:
Where does it say that the power God gave to the apostles is supposed to be passed on?
Especially on people YOU and not God, chose?

Quote:
That was an illicit practice-but has been abolished since.
If your doctrines couldn't be trusted then, why should they be trusted now?
As I said.. what happened your silly notions of being infallible doctrine-wise?

Quote:
And I'll be seeing you at Eternity's Biggest Bonfire from my skybox seat!
Other way around, fool..

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13

Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 02-10-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: fixed typo