View Single Post
(#10)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Heaven Bound

Chris T has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chris T has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chris T has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chris T has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Default Re: Linguistics - God's Perspective - 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegengott View Post
What I have written below is a quote from another thread I started before I was pointed in the direction of this one.

I imagine that the King James version would not have been written originally in American given that King James was King of Scotland and this version was printed at least 100 years (if not more) before the United States was conceived (not necessarily as it is known today). It is also a translation from earlier Greek and Latin versions with some caveats (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Bible - not the most trustworthy source, I know, but it quotes external sources).

Please can you explain how American has become God's language thousands of years after the events in the bible took place, which was long before any form of English was spoken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
Please see my sermon on the topic HERE.
Why can't you people just ask nicely for a Pastor's guidance? I understand if you aren't techologically inclined enough to use a "search" function, but all you have to do is ask! If you had just said, "Excuse me, Pastor Ezekiel, how do you know if you're reading the True BibleŠ?"
I'm sure you would have gotten the answers you seek, without making yourself look like a fool.

Doing the Lord's work for His favorite country!

2 Chronicles 15:13 "That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."