View Single Post
(#38)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

DavidK is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien - 06-08-2011, 05:45 PM

This very thread (and poster) has got to be a put-on. Forget the blatantly wrong 6 billion people have been around for millions of years (no athiest or scientist ever stated such absurdness)
Stating that potable water on the planet is akin to the apple pie on your countertop--as it's consumed, it's gone for good--is so over-the-top ludicrous it defies religious and rational explanation. No where in the 'good book' does it state anything of the sort. This has to be a joke
This thread is exactly why I don't go to church anymore, or why I have such issues with people that put their belief in their own flawed interpretation of faith above everything else.
Step back and hear what you're saying--
Whether the earth is billions of years old, or thousands of years old--irrelevant to this very conversation.
Anyone (and I mean anyone--scientist or not) can setup, test, observe, and come to a rational conclusion as to how the water cycle works. Ministers and popes, padres and bishops, have not contradicted how this water cycle works. It's one of the few 'scientific facts' that has absolutely no biblical contradictions. This isn't evolution, or how old the planet is, or anything of the sort. This should be 'common ground' on which everyone on the planet should agree on--water cycle.
Is there a finite amount of water on our planet? Yes--like everything else.
Is water consumed and used by living organisms? Yep
Is water then evacuated by the organism? Ummm---YES!!!
Does this evacuated water, through various ways, end up back in potable condition? Yes.
If you're getting into the niggly idea that water intake by living organisms (aka 'us) is not the exact same amount of water evacuated by us, well, you're just wrong. Over the course of our lives, from birth to death (and the decomposition thereof), the water that has entered our bodies is the same as the amount of water released by our bodies--THE END. This fact can be tested and observed, and really has been for quite some time.
If it wasn't, we'd either be bloated bags of water--getting bigger and bigger until we burst, or shrinking and turning to dust as the days go by. Since most of us here don't turn to dust on a daily basis, or blow up in a huge splash of water, I think we can infer that water regulation--intake vs output--is pretty much equal.
I mean, you might as well apply this to oxygen--there's a finite amount of oxygen--yet we're still here and breathing... There's a finite amount of everything on this planet, yet here we are, still able to eat, drink and breathe... How does this happen? Cycles. Water cycle, CO2 and Oxygen cycle, and the cycle of life... None of thise cycles are contradicted by the bible.
The larger bit, however, is that getting into a snit over this--taking the staunch stand that God, his very self, is the only way we still have water after 6000 years, is making you look like an idiot. Not just to the athiests out there, but to fellow Christians and other believers who actually use the God given sense they have.
This does not make any sense on any level at all. I can't believe people are adhering to this idiotic premise. This has nothing to do with evangalism or biblical interpretations or 'proving those dastardly athiests wrong!!'. This has everything to do with self aggrandizing in spite of the evidence and putting your own sense of self above what God wants from you.
He gave you the tools of reasoning and understanding.